New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    My assesment is VW will probably flop

lets check each of their cars:

Jetta: 1.3 million peso focus/impreza/lancer rival, slower than all the cars I previously mentioned and at its price..... still has a manual tranny
    Tiguan: Ford Explorer money for Ford Escape size
    Touran: ehhhhhhh
    Touareg: It has priced itself with the LC200 or more premium but smaller rivals such the X3 or the Lexus thingy, and there is also the Evoque

This is a bit of a PR stunt to gain media attention

When someone asks you: What car do you have? your answer would sadly be "VW"

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Was never a probem for Japaese cars.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Most japanese cars don't use direct-injection gasoline engines. VW's line-up nowadays is almost exclusively direct injection.

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Sabi sa article, bakit daw mga audi, bentley, porsche etc. Di nagkakaproblema pagdating sa gas.

Isa lang sagot nyan.

The owners of those exotics dont gas up on small-time gas companies. Big 3 yan most of the time. You wont see an exotic gas up at jetti, total, metrogas etc. e. Usual nyan Petron Blaze 100. They even hardly gas up at Caltex, mga small time companies pa kaya?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2
    The owners of high-tech direct-injection motors DO have problems with our gasoline if the cars aren't used regularly.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If one has a more than a million a pop car, will he/she just load gas at Flying V?

If Peugeot can survive here this time around, I think VW will fare a bit better.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Naku, favorite ko pa naman SeaOil at Unioil, kasama kaya sila sa mga may manganese?

Sent from my mind using Telepathy 2

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Most japanese cars don't use direct-injection gasoline engines. VW's line-up nowadays is almost exclusively direct injection.

The owners of high-tech direct-injection motors DO have problems with our gasoline if the cars aren't used regularly.
    Sir Niky, so is it safe to say that if the car's engine is not direct-injection, safe gamitin ang mga gas na may manganese as octane booster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    Sir Niky, so is it safe to say that if the car's engine is not direct-injection, safe gamitin ang mga gas na may manganese as octane booster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I rightly don't know. I don't know what manganese will do to the fuel system in the long run.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Sabi sa article, bakit daw mga audi, bentley, porsche etc. Di nagkakaproblema pagdating sa gas.

Isa lang sagot nyan.

The owners of those exotics dont gas up on small-time gas companies. Big 3 yan most of the time. You wont see an exotic gas up at jetti, total, metrogas etc. e. Usual nyan Petron Blaze 100. They even hardly gas up at Caltex, mga small time companies pa kaya?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2
    baka naman Sir they are certain of the quality of the cars they are selling.

Looking at the bigger picture kung ioffer man yan sakali dito alam na natin na lagot bibile nito lalo na sa warranty baka katulad ka nun ibang nasa 5 years warranty pero daming dahilan na madumi yung gasolina, ecu checking, etc, kasi lakas lumamon sa gas 1.3 na pang v8, tpos yung casa concesionaire lang , walang planta dito sa pinas, etc (sama sama lahat ng negative feedback sa lahat ng CASA sa lahat ng brand na nasa pinas). hahahahah.

in short, CDkring warranty lang pala meron yung 5 years 5 days replacement warranty lang pala. hehehehehe
    Last edited by brainmafia_310; September 24th, 2013 at 03:21 AM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    tinatakot nila mga car buyers para di na bumili ng gas na sasakyan

bili nalang ng diesel

tamang tama all diesel ang lineup ng VW dito

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Doing a bit of research, I discovered that the manganese they're talking about is actually a chemical compound called Methylcyclopentadienyl Manganese Tricarbonyl or simply MMT.

Methylcyclopentadienyl Manganese Tricarbonyl (MMT) is a manganese-based fuel additive
    used to increase gasoline octane. It was widely introduced in the United States in the 1970s
    by the Ethyl Corporation when regulations restricting the use of tetraethyl lead first came into
    force. Today health scientists and automobile manufacturers are strongly opposed to its use.
    Combustion of MMT releases manganese, a potent neurotoxin when inhaled. In vehicles it
    can leave deposits that degrade the performance of pollution control systems. Similar
    concerns regarding tetraethyl lead have led to a near global ban on its use. Alternatives to
    MMT are in widespread use and can cost-effectively achieve similar octane levels without
    the associated health risk.
    Source: http://www.theicct.org/sites/default.../MMT_dec08.pdf

Whatever your take is about the topic is up to you. But I tend to agree that the whole ordeal about the VW thing reeks of conspiracy. It's just too convenient to bring this up just now. But still, it's their business NOT to do business, so let them be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast