New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    This is about the movie GASHOLE.

A video documentary that exposes nearly everything what the Big Oil don't want you to know.

I am sure this topic will be flagged many times by them... but what the heck? Let's have some fun discussion here.

Please watch the whole movie here:

gashole full documentry.3gp - YouTube

The official website: http://www.gasholemovie.com/

Tell me what you think about it.
    Last edited by ehnriko; March 1st, 2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: additional info

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb80Me8_qks"]gashole full documentry.3gp - YouTube[/ame]

Moderator's Note:
    WARNING: video is one and a half hours long.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 1st, 2012 at 02:23 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    for those too lazy to watch the video -- it's about some people who claim there's "buried and hidden" technology that improves gas mileage. and yeah... about oil companies

easy to see why he posted that video

that's his advocacy

he's dedicating his life to fight oil companies

--

the world is dependent on oil and there's no alternative that can replace oil at the scale it is being used

wind, solar, electric cars... whatever... those are more like high school science projects compared to oil

i'll just sit back and watch people like him fight oil companies

as if oil companies know they even exist

it's really fun to watch

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    GTOil thread part 2.

Do yourself a favor... Step out of the box. and into the hole. GASHOLE.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hahaha

so much for the fun discussion he wants

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I'm one of those too lazy Do i even want to know? Hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    treehuggers/global-warming activists are gonna hate this

there's an oil boom going on in the US midwest (particularly North Dakota)

some call it the new gold rush

it's extraction of oil from the Bakken formation (shale)

how big is oil production there?

seen from space:

the Bakken oil field looks like a big city no?

but the lights arent city lights

the lights come from these:

natural gas flares

warming the Earth, melting polar ice, changing the climate

oil. main source of energy now. main source of energy for the next 20 to 30 years

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The problem with that source is it's not even big enough to replace what we are losing in terms of resources in the Middle East... plus the EROEI of oil shale is very low. Not much greater than biofuels. Worse, this will eventually run out, just like oil.

The biggest problem with oil is that even with societal costs of wars and strife, it's still more energy positive than the alternatives. Biofuels are not quite as energy positive as we'd like, and the (relatively) low price of biofuels is predicated upon a fossil-fuel powered transport and refinement system. The most efficient so far is Brazilian ethanol, but sugarcane ethanol won't be widespread enough to replace gasoline when it runs out, and being tropically grown, is subject to a huge variance in crop yields.

Are the oil companies inherently evil? No more or less than other large companies. Everybody plays the politics and profiteering game, even the so-called proponents of "green technology". But the reality is that we put up with oil because it's still the easiest thing to do. Consumers don't want to change, and won't want to change until it's way too late to do anything about it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ehnriko View Post
    This is about the movie GASHOLE.

A video documentary that exposes nearly everything what the Big Oil don't want you to know.

I am sure this topic will be flagged many times by them... but what the heck? Let's have some fun discussion here.

Please watch the whole movie here:

gashole full documentry.3gp - YouTube
    I'd rather watch re-runs of THE LONE GUNMEN. They have more plausible conspiracy plots...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    as long as oil is affordable alternative fuels can't take off

the price of oil has to be very expensive to make investment in alternative fuels worth it

that almost happened in 2008

but then the price of oil crashed destroying any incentive to invest in alternative fuels

if i was a conspiracy theorist (like somebody we know) i would say oil price was manipulated to destroy investment in alternative fuels

the powers-that-be deliberately crashed the price of oil to wipe out threats to the oil business

but i'm not saying that coz i'm not a conspiracy theorist
    Last edited by uls; March 1st, 2012 at 02:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What the Oil Companies don't want you to know.