New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Ampota naman mga lpg taxi na yan. masakit sa ilong pag nakalanhap ka nito. it is not true that lpg taxi can help the clean air act. no. Maganda pa rin pa ang UNLEADED o Gas Engine??

---peace--- INALABAS KO ANG SAKIT NG ILONG KO PAG KAKALANGHAP KA NG LPG ng TAXI---- PEACE----!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    all the cabs here in HK use LPG... I don't smell anything when I take them...

the one you road in (or near to) probably had a leak or something... or bad workmanship i'd say.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    that's why lpg powered cars are banned in japan and china.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Inhalation of the gas is toxic, by the way. I *think* something has to be added to give it a scent, otherwise it will be odorless. Don't recall...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    LPG by itself is odorless & colorless gas. The problem is if it leaks, you cannot tell by scent or color. So the LPG companies add a chemical to make it smell bad so you can detect it even in very small amounts.

In other countries, the LPG used for cars do not have the odor chemical. Unfortunately in the Philippines, the LPG supply used for the cars are the same used for cooking, hence the bad smell.

BTW, if the smell is very strong, it means the car either needs to have its air filter cleaned/replaced or it's LPG kit tuned. A properly tuned LPG running car will emit a faint smell only.

Note: my car is equipped for LPG.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 3rd, 2007 at 05:55 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    BTW, if the smell is very strong, it means the car either needs to have its air filter cleaned/replaced or it's LPG kit tuned. A properly tuned LPG running car will emit a faint smell only.

Note: my car is equipped for LPG.
    I agree with ghosthunter, the LPG that is filled locally does smell the same as the one we find in our kitchen thus the rotten egg trademark

I just wonder what is that foul odor that is masakit sa ilong ... must have been the interior not properly cleaned or the driver itself , but I've been to different taxis equipped with LPG and I can differentiate the smell from the fuel and the person holding the wheel

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    may ganyan na nasakyan yung kapatid ko at asawa niya,nagtaka sila nang biglang sa gitna ng byahe nila tumigil yung taxi at tumabi,sabi nung driver nahihilo daw siya at hindi na raw sila maihahatid sa destinasyon nila,nagalit pa nga yung kapatid ko kasi akala umaarte lang,kaso nung hinamatay yung driver, sila pa tuloy ang naghatid sa ospital,nalaman pala nila sa doktor na maghapon nagmamaneho yung driver at may leak yung LPG connection kaya sa sobrang exposure, nahilo na eto at hinimatay eto.
    kaya ingat kayo, sabi tuloy ng kapatid ko malaki nga ang natitipid, nila pero delikado at dapat may pang gamot ka na pag tagal tagal, sa sakit na makukuha mo dito.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    diba pag sumingaw ang LPG delikado yun tipong may spark lang sasabog? yan kasi nireklamo ng wife ko sa kin sa isang taxi nasakyan niya, mintik na siya mag-collapse sa sobrang sakit ng ulo at hilo

hindi dapat pinayagan ng gobyerno ang ganito. granted na makakatipid nga at may safety measures, delikado pa din sa daan yan, not only to the passengers pero dun sa mga ibang tsikot sa daan

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    diba pag sumingaw ang LPG delikado yun tipong may spark lang sasabog? yan kasi nireklamo ng wife ko sa kin sa isang taxi nasakyan niya, mintik na siya mag-collapse sa sobrang sakit ng ulo at hilo

hindi dapat pinayagan ng gobyerno ang ganito. granted na makakatipid nga at may safety measures, delikado pa din sa daan yan, not only to the passengers pero dun sa mga ibang tsikot sa daan
    The problem is not in the installers but more from the taxi cab operators themselves. I often find the clear fuel guage cover not beig used. This cover helps to vent out any leaking LPG to the outside of the vehicle where it can safely disperse. Without this cover, the LPG will initially concentrate in the trunk then slowly seep into the passenger cabin.

At NAIADSS, when you refuel there, they often check the vehicles for any leaks in the system. I appreciate the service (free!) and it should be done at all the other places where they fill up LPG powered cars.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 4th, 2007 at 01:54 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    sorry for OT ... pero parang di maganda basahin yng title ng thread na may kasamang mura?

mas maganda cguro na "usok ng LPG TAXI mabaho" na lang

peace!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Usok ng LPG TAXI mabaho?