New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,606
    #1
    Hi guys!!

    I have unused vehicles parked in ncr and in the province.

    I'm a little worried for my old Honda Crv which had its PMS last January 2019 and nearing 2 years without Change oil (ran around 1k kms in the said period), should i even extend it until the COVID vaccine arrives as Honda does not offer any pick-up and delivery services in any of its dealership.


    Btw, this particular car had experienced 7 years of no change oil way back 2009-2016 but no gunk was found and people and worker sa casa or sa Fixstop approaches me na still quiet and with no unnecessary vibration.

    TIA and Cheers!
    Last edited by crosswind; November 17th, 2020 at 06:05 PM.

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,927
    #2
    the engine oil should be fine, its the minute rust that will accumulate in the oil filter. just have the engine run so the lube and coolant circulates.

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,606
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    the engine oil should be fine, its the minute rust that will accumulate in the oil filter. just have the engine run so the lube and coolant circulates.
    yessir, if I have the time, I drop by from the farm and do the italian tune up after heating up the engine. I hope so bro, I have neighbor haven't seen him change the oil on his 930 Carrera and the Cayenne Turbo since we moved in and a good friend of mine does change oil on his two s13s every 1.5yrs.

    I recently had the Oring and drier replaced sa Qc coz sa shop sa province was asking me 12k to have the aircon fixed while frigidzone i only shelled out 1.6k plus foods and rfid.

  4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    9,486
    #4
    if you have a trusted friend, relatives, brothers eh iwan mo sa kanila ipahiram mo if they have parking na hindi bahain or iwan mo susi and still park at your property. Para magamit twice a week para hindi sayang. SAbi nga law of thermodyanmics = what you dont use you lose.

    ako sanay sa ganyan once a year or once in 2years oil change. Eh taga true qc ako dito-dito lang andar.

    Sa automatic transmission nga meron super low mileage 40,000kms in 8years ngayon ko pa lang month ipapa-palit ATF bale first time sa transmission.

  5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,739
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Hi guys!!

    I have unused vehicles parked in ncr and in the province.

    I'm a little worried for my old Honda Crv which had its PMS last January 2019 and nearing 2 years without Change oil (ran around 1k kms in the said period), should i even extend it until the COVID vaccine arrives as Honda does not offer any pick-up and delivery services in any of its dealership.


    Btw, this particular car had experienced 7 years of no change oil way back 2009-2016 but no gunk was found and people and worker sa casa or sa Fixstop approaches me na still quiet and with no unnecessary vibration.

    TIA and Cheers!
    tingin ko wala naman issue yan sa engine pati sa oil... madami nga barn finds na madalas ok ang engine kahit matagal na panahon naka park.. ang problema mo dyan ay yung fuel kasi napapanis yan.. yung injector mo ang pwede madali at magbara..

    yung engine hindi basta mag rust sa loob yan kasi may oil naman at kung meron man. hindi sapat para masira yung engine.. sa banawe nga dami engine naka tambak eh, pag bibili ka, lalagyan lang ng battery at fuel galing sa bote ng C2, one-click lang andar agad

  6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,647
    #6
    Ask someone to drive the car around for a few kilometers. It is not enough to just gun the engine and rev it while parked. You need to let the run those tires, circulate the aircon, check the brakes, etc.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,606
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Ask someone to drive the car around for a few kilometers. It is not enough to just gun the engine and rev it while parked. You need to let the run those tires, circulate the aircon, check the brakes, etc.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    what i meant is I take it for a quick sprint sa highway which happens rarely na since the pandemic started, but I have someone that starts it for 30 minutes every week.

  8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,647
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    what i meant is I take it for a quick sprint sa highway which happens rarely na since the pandemic started, but I have someone that starts it for 30 minutes every week.
    Itís not enough to just start it. Take it for a short ride around the subdivision or a small field just to let the tires roll and brakes heat up a bit. No need to bring it to the highway.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    9,486
    #9
    ang pangit kaya ng tunog pag matagal natengga tapos irelease mo handbrake and yung pag shift mo from Park to D pag abante may tunog na bakal na wow im free again.

    Ako ngayon pandemic kinakalsusahn ko lahat ng gulong all fours ng malaking bato para no more angat handbrake.

    Meron ako nakausap dati ofw nadisgrasya kasi almost a year natengga kotse. Hindi daw kumagat yung brake naaksidente sya.

Tags for this Thread

Unused Car: Proper Change Oil Interval