New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008

UNIOIL IS NOW ALL EURO IV

After the successful launch of EuroDiesel IV in 2012, the first and still the only Euro IV compliant Diesel fuel in the Philippines. Unioil launches today Euro IV Gasoline, making it the first oil company in the country to be fully Euro IV complaint.

Euro IV complaint fuels are formulated to meet European emission standards which require a maximum sulfur content of only 50 ppm (parts per million). This is 90% lower than the current Philippine fuel standard which still allows maximum sulfur content of 500 ppm.

“We have decided to make all our retail fuels Euro IV compliant because we believe that it is time to introduce this standard to the Philippine market. We want to cater to a wide variety of users with different types of engines and vehicles. We are making these products readily available because we want the Filipino consumers to be able to choose a more advanced, better performing and more eco-friendly fuel,” stated Luisito Medina-Cue Jr., General Manager of Unioil Petroleum Philippines, Inc.

Tests conducted by Unioil with the Department of Natural Resources' Environmental Management Bureau, have shown that EuroDiesel IV and Euro IV Gasoline provide as much as 83% cleaner emissions compared to other fuels. In addition to this, Unioil’s EuroDiesel IV and Euro IV Gasoline provide significant improvement in fuel efficiency and provide the users with a cleaner engine resulting to increase in engine power and performance.

Living up to its corporate creed is Unioil Petroleum Philippines, Inc. as it leads the way to progress as the first oil company in the Philippines to provide a full set of Euro 4 fuels.

Fueling your Engine Right

Choosing the right fuel for a vehicle is very important as this would determine the difference in the car’s performance and the engine’s life span.

In a statement, Luisito Medina-Cue Jr. pointed out that the type of fuel recommended for a car is based on how the engine is designed. The recommended fuel type should not be substituted for a gasoline or diesel with a lower grade.

Unfortunately, many drivers in the Philippines are not aware what type of fuel their car’s engines really require. As Mr. Medina-Cue explains, many drivers do not know that their vehicles are using Euro IV standard engines. “Vehicles manufactured from 2006 and onwards mostly have Euro IV standard engines and should therefore be fuelled with a Euro IV compliant fuel. By using lower grade fuels, they are downgrading their car’s performance.”

On the other hand, Euro IV compliant fuels are compatible for use even in older engines. Tests conducted by Unioil have shown that older engines “experience an upgrade” when using EuroDiesel IV and Euro IV Gasoline.

A Commitment to Real Progress

Unioil has been at the forefront in providing better quality fuels to the Filipinos beginning with the introduction of the first Clean Air Act compliant gasoline in 2012 and then followed by the first low sulfur diesel fuel in 2003. Today, Unioil is the first and only oil company in the country to be fully Euro IV compliant, 3 years before the 2016 mandate.

Kenneth Pundanera, President of Unioil noted that value for the environment and providing high value for money to the consumers have always been fundamental goals for the company.

“We believe that we should not wait to act on improving our environment. We also believe that everyone deserves nothing less than the best products in the world. These are the reasons that compelled us to upgrade all our products to be Euro IV compliant.”

Unioil > UNIOIL IS NOW ALL EURO IV

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Ayos to kahit papaano eh hindi ako limitado sa Petron Blaze100. May ethanol naman kaya yung 97 octane ng Unioil?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Paul View Post
    Ayos to kahit papaano eh hindi ako limitado sa Petron Blaze100. May ethanol naman kaya yung 97 octane ng Unioil?
    yep meron. yung Blaze walang ethanol kasi exempted sa ethanol law pag 98 octane or higher yata. parang ganun kaya 100 ginawa ng Petron.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Heard about this on the radio this morning. Now to find a convenient station.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Heard about this on the radio this morning. Now to find a convenient station.
    JohnM, check the unioil website. they have station locator, with prices of different stations posted pa sa website nila

at least now we have an option to load up with "cleaner" fuels na. less benzene (cancer causing), and less sulfur.
    Last edited by crazy_boy; July 15th, 2013 at 07:34 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    JohnM, check the unioil website. they have station locator, with prices of different stations posted pa sa website nila
    Thanks CB. Mukhang out of the way lahat unless may bagong bukas na di pa updated

Oks lang. I hope it forces the big 3 to release their Euro IV products before its official deadline in 2016
    Last edited by JohnM; July 15th, 2013 at 07:38 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post

Oks lang. I hope it forces the big 3 to release their Euro IV products before its official deadline in 2016

Inaantay ko na lang talaga mag EuroIV ung diesel sa Petron bago ako mag Ranger. Sana nga ilabas agad

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Paul View Post
    Inaantay ko na lang talaga mag EuroIV ung diesel sa Petron bago ako mag Ranger. Sana nga ilabas agad
    Sana soon na. Pero ang implementation pa kasi is 2016. Feeling ko sa turbo diesel muna nila i-launch yan. Marketing hehe para mapilitan bumili ng premium mga consumers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Euro 4 na kaya agad laman ng tangke nila? Hindi ba uubusin muna yung old stock bago lagyan ng Euro 4? Baka kasi pinalitan na nila label sabay old gas pa nasa tangke hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I would suppose euro4 na hehe every few days may bagong delivery naman fuel sa stations e.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast