New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    tanong lang po sa mga diesel experts: Mas matipid ba ang isang diesel engine kapag turbo ito or mas malakas lang ang output ng makina? or both? Example ay yung 4d56. May turbo at di turbo. Salamat po.;)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Definitely mas malakas ang Turbodiesel compared to its equivalent NA counterpart. IM not sure lang kung ano epekto sa consumo. If i were to guess, i'd say mas malakas din sa krudo kapag may turbo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ese,
    from my experience i used to drive a mitsubishi L200 4D56 normally aspirated and now im driving a mitsubishi Strada 4x4

mas malakas di hamak ang may turbo
    sa 4x2 nakaka 11-13kms/liter ako
    ngayon nakaka 9-11 ako sa strada ko

pero sulit naman sa power and hp

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kimpoy, di kaya mas malakas ang consumption ng crudo ng strada mo over the L200 kasi 4x4 ito at mas mabigat? Ganun pa man, is it safe to say that a turbo diesel engine consumes more fuel than a non-turbo? thanks...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Turbo added engines infact place more air into the combustion chamber. I have known for the fact that air/fuel ratio should not be altered to maintain steady combustion. Perceptions could be true that turbo equipped engines need for more fuel than normal aspirated units.

Consumption is a subjective topic to tackle, every driver and vehicle varies from one another.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Halos pareho lang naman ang consumo nila. Tama ang figures ni kim, the two will meet at some point.

If you don't drive the turbo engine hard, it will behave and consume like a non-turbo. But when you call in the horses, medyo mas malakas na ang consumption. Pero at least you know the power is there when you need it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Originally posted by ese
    tanong lang po sa mga diesel experts: Mas matipid ba ang isang diesel engine kapag turbo ito or mas malakas lang ang output ng makina? or both? Example ay yung 4d56. May turbo at di turbo. Salamat po.;)
    A one very good question. Theoretically, in order to generate more power, it will going to need more fuel to burn. This theory still remain true. But as I have observed lately, (i used to drive gas-fed engine,and thought diesels cannot match horsepower generated by their counterparts...) turbo-charged diesels did better than gas-fed engine, when it comes to fuel efficiency. Having a turbo-charged diesel engine compared to non-turbo charged engine drastically improve its fuel efficiency and power(horsepower and torque-wise). WHy is that so? because turbo diesels can produce a lot of power at low rpm's then therfore there is less engine strain than non-turbo diesels. By the way, I have the new Isuzu D-Max's 4JH1-TC engine.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I agree with ian_rex! :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    29Jan2004 (UTC +8)

If your vehicle is always under heavy load, and thus you notice that you emit a lot of black smoke, mas mabuti malamang na mag turbo ka.

Black smoke means unburnt fuel. Unburnt fuel is wasted energy. To burn the excess diesel fuel, you need more air. Turbo (and much better with intercooler) delivers a lot more air for the engine...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by kimpOy
    ese,
    from my experience i used to drive a mitsubishi L200 4D56 normally aspirated and now im driving a mitsubishi Strada 4x4

mas malakas di hamak ang may turbo
    sa 4x2 nakaka 11-13kms/liter ako
    ngayon nakaka 9-11 ako sa strada ko

pero sulit naman sa power and hp
    right on the spot kimpoy! :D

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
turbo diesel...