New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi guys,

While I was browsing through an online classified ads, I encountered this "Jetniter" spark plugs which claim to be able to save 40-50% of fuel.

Looking through them sa google. Lahat na lang ng nahanap ko regarding it is mostly from the online classified ads that I was looking through and other similar sales sites. Parang tingin ko yung claims nila is actually only from the seller. What do you guys think of it?

Does anyone here have experience with this type of spark plug? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    not true.
    spark plugs are just what its name says. it produces spark to ignite the air-fuel mixture.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There is no one size fits all solution for spark plugs. Usually, best economy is found by using properly gapped stock plugs or the platinum version of stock plugs.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The spark plug is a "medium" for which to introduce the spark inside the combustion chamber. The sparkplug does not create electricity, this is being done by the ignition coil.

So NO, those Jetniter plugs don't "save" on fuel as what is being claimed. For the engine to perform at optimum levels, manufacturer specified and propely gapped sparkplugs should be used.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Yeah, actually Im thinking they are rip off nga rin eh

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Kung carburator type kotse mo. Bili ka na lang ng Multispark cdis. Pwede mo increase yun gap ng spark plug para mas mahaba ang spark.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinoi View Post
    Kung carburator type kotse mo. Bili ka na lang ng Multispark cdis. Pwede mo increase yun gap ng spark plug para mas mahaba ang spark.
    San pu ba nakakabili nito and malaki pu ba ang improvement sa fc? carb kc ung car ko Mitsubishi Lancer 1997 1.3 peru ang fc ko is average 8.6 city driving w/c I think malakas para sa 1.3 sinunod ko na lahat ng economy tips and pinatignan ko na din sa Cradle Las Pinas tune up, change oil, pati suspension pinaaus ko na din - shock absorber, bushings, camber, etc. Peru same pa din. Sabi naman sakin wag ko daw pagalaw ung carburator ok pa daw. Malakas ba tlga sa fc ang mga Pizza Pies Mitsu?
    Last edited by neyzon; November 21st, 2012 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Redundant words

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can re-gap any conventional type Spark Plug as long as you have a feeler gauge and some basic tools.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You can re-gap any conventional type Spark Plug as long as you have a feeler gauge and some basic tools.
    Naku I don't Know if I have the tools needed. I just want to verify what regapping of spark does? I mean what are the pros & cons. Is there a risk on doing that or it's pratically safe?