-Hyundai Matrix CRDi (1.5 diesel MT)
    12 - 16 km/l - city
    18 - 25 km/l - highway

Mid Sized Sedans

-Chevy Lumina (2.5 V6 Gas AT)
    9 - 11 km/l - city
    10 - 14 km/l - highway

AUV

-Mitsubishi Adventure GLX MT (2.5 Diesel)
    9 - 11 km/l - city
    14 - 16 km/l - highway

Compact SUV

-Nissan X-Trail 200X (AWD 2.0 Gas AT)
    8 - 10 km/l - city
    10 - 13 km/l - highway

-Hyundai Tucson CRDi (2.0 Diesel AT)
    10 - 12 km/l - city
    12 - 14 km/l - highway

Full Sized SUV

-Mitsubishi Pajero GLS (3.2 Inline 4 Turbodiesel, AWD)
    10 - 12 km/l - city
    12 - 14 km/l - highway

_________

What Top Gear didn't specify is the source of their data, but I'm betting it's observed real-world fuel consumption, since claimed for the City is only 14 km/l, and eco-runs in Manila net upwards of 20 km/l.

I'm not surprised by the Chevy Lumina. That's an understressed torquey V6 with looong US-spec gears compared to the competition. Mazda's 2.0 and 2.3 aren't known for fuel efficiency, and Honda's 2.0 is a know guzzler, but can't Toyota put up a fight against this? BTW, GM does some sharing with Hyundai... quick! Someone test the Hyundai Coupe!

Top Gear gets the data for the X-Trail wrong. They called it an SR20DE powered car. It's QR20DE. The QR is more torque biased than the SR. I know the CRV is no match for those numbers, nor are the Escape/Tribute, but what about the RAV4?

And no Compact Sedans? I'd love to know how the Honda Civic 1.6 and Toyota Corolla 1.6 stack up.

As for the Pajero... Alterra owners, any numbers? Crosswind owners, are we going to stand up for the win by the Adventure? I've personally hit a high of 16 km/l... anyone else? XWind owners, represent!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sana top 10 by car class. :D

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    tama yung gas consumption sa Xtrail, mali lang yung specs ng engine.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i'm wondering, did they conducted a side-by-side comparisson or they simply got the data based on what available fleet they have?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I believe the numbers of the X-Trail, no problem there, as it's the most modern of the 2.0s in CUVs (iVTEC notwithstanding) but I'm wondering if the RAV4 might not drink less, given it has the only 1.8 in the class, and a lighter body.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    At 870Kg weight with simple technology and low aquisition cost, the picanto sure did show it could match and exceed the latest high tech competion. The simplier the machinery the less parts to break down is my motto when it comes to basic car requirements.

The best damn desicion I made when I bought my picanto for my wife last Sept '04 * P330K. Hell at P415K its still a good buy. That is if you need just a basic car.

Rodski

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala ni isang ISUZU vehicle

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sana they did it by category ... wala ni isang compact (which makes up majority of the car buying public)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    inadequately done...all variants should have been tested
    ~yung Matrix nakapasok...di naman ako nagtataka...pero nasan yung Getz CRDi....di ba dapat kasama din yun...mas maliit using the same engine...
    ~Picanto can just produce almost the same numbers as heavier Jazz and City?...?...?
    ~no doubt about the Lumina...torquey engines are always less strained while running.
    but is a 2.4L VTEC Accord can't beat that? just asking.
    ~not a single compact?! what gives?
    ~AUVs i have an Adventure GLS, its really thrifty. i dont have details as to how a Crosswind consumes gas, but i've always thought that its more fuel efficient.
    ~Bravo the Xtrail, but how about a RAV4 SV 1.8L?
    ~its nice to hear that the Pajero can squeeze that numbers, from what i read from Fortuner threads here, its even more efficient. how about an Alterra? Montero Sport and Everest too?
    ~Pick ups are not tested as well.
    ~as are vans.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    baka masyadong controversial kung maglabas sila ng compact cars .. yung mga manufacturers are all sponsors of this magazine, i suppose .. so tipong don't bite the hand that feeds you ..

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Top Gear Top 10 Fuel Efficient Cars... wala ang XWIND!!!