iba change oil sa tune up.

routine tune up:
    spark plug
    air filter
    check timing
    fuel filter (40k odo reading)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    so yun lang pala ang tune up. i would say naka-tune up na pala tsikot ko. kasi last week nagpa-change oil na ko, kasama palit spark plugs. then after 3 days, nagpa-check ako ng timing and nung idle ng carb. last week ngcheck din ako ng air filter, okay pa naman. malinis pa. fuel filter lang di ko pa napa-check.

so yun lang pala ang tune up.. thanks sir archie and renzo

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Para sakin, I just let the engine run not pressing the pedal too much to reach certain rpm. Sudden acceleration decreases the fuel efficiency.

Cons, you will hear a lot of honking coming from vehicles behind you.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ^ I say let them honk to death. Di naman sila nagbabayad ng gas mo

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dondonposadas View Post
    Para sakin, I just let the engine run not pressing the pedal too much to reach certain rpm. Sudden acceleration decreases the fuel efficiency.

^ i get a lot of these everyday. hahaha!

but looking into the other side of things, different from the "green" tips, what are the things that we could do to better increase gas mileage?
    Ex., in my case, I have a Corolla 1.3 12valve, I consume 5.5-7kms/L. But when I check with others who have the same car, they consume up to 12kms/L. Mine consumes double. Some told me, change oil, spark plugs. I did. Nothing happened. Then I read, adjust ignition timing. I did, then it solved the trick. Sometimes I reach 8kms/L. But still ave. at 7kms/L. But not more 5.5kms/L. Thanks!

Some told me overhaul carb or "jets?". Some said adjust air/fuel ratio - which I dont know how to do by the way.

So can you give me some of your suggestions on how to improve FC going the other direction and not on the "eco" or "green" type of stuff?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dondonposadas View Post

[COLOR="teal"]
    Ayos bro.... (Malamang, isa na ako sa likod mo... :hysterical

13.4K:stereo:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    paminsan minsan lang naman ganito ako mag drive pag ala pang gas allowance. :-)

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    That is under remove excess weight. A lot of things can be done to remove excess weight which includes removing your spare tire for short trips and bringing a tire puncture sealer instead (from around 10++ kilos to 200 grams!). Marami pa like removing ricey decors (body kits with little or no function except decorative), rain guards, heavy or multiple floor mats, too many tool kits, etc.
    I agree Bro, removing some unnecessary weight. It also give me good point about leaving my spare during short distance travelling. For me in the province, it is not much a risk because without spare tire and being caught is a violation cost you 150Php!

My analysis is, everybody is free to choose what ever manner they want in order to save fuel, but everything have their own consequences.
    1. Controlling acceleration is a natural way of effective Fuel consumption, but it will make you sluggish during your trip and it will irritate your co driver specially during the traffic.
    2. Proper maintenance is a scientific approach, but you need to be attentive to every detail like the tire press, preventive maintenance (engine tune up, filter cleaning, wheel balansing, wheel allignment...).
    3. Driving discipline, this is also a hard part. must consider trip planning, possible shortest & fastest route, feasibility study and keeping records.

Altering your Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) is not a feasible plan for saving fuel consumption (FC) because it have already intial cost and maintenance, unless you're quite a scientist to experiment things (that would be a the case).

For me, being natural driver like if I need to save fuel I will save in a natural method. If I need speed because time is important that time, I will sacrifice my FC. Then, a monthly check up & maintenance to my car must be my habbit, or else depreciation will cary on fast & effective!

My record shows;
    FC = 10.2KPL (6mos of use 7182Km & 705Li)
    KPL = 17 (highest), 8 (lowest)
    Tire Tread wear is 1mm per 8000km (need to allocate tire budget after 32,000Km or 2yrs)
    Change oil (synthetic) = every 8mos due to change in oil color and appearance (done every month)
    Tire rotation = every 8000Km (in my case, some advice is at least before 6000miles or 9600Km)
    Tire balansing = every 8000Km (some advice is if you change tire)

Hope this will help my fellow car owner.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ...lastly. A good driver uses his brakes. An experienced driver is able to make without using his brakes a great deal and yet be perfectly safe!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Tips to Save Gas