New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi All

new car owner/driver here.. ano ba ung tips para makatipid ng gas? lagi kc sinasabi kuya ko ayusin mo magdrive ang lakas mo magconsume ng gas

tips naman po

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mijhonda View Post
    Hi All

new car owner/driver here.. ano ba ung tips para makatipid ng gas? lagi kc sinasabi kuya ko ayusin mo magdrive ang lakas mo magconsume ng gas

tips naman po

Learn to "boost and cruise" especially if the road & traffic condition permits it. It means to moderately accelerate to a certain speed then coast the car as long as you can.

Smooth driving. Do not suddenly apply the accelerator and brake because that will burn more fuel.

Always have your tires properly inflated.

Energy saving motor oil (lighter grade motor oil) actually helps get more fuel mileage by reducing internal engine load.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Which would be more economical - speed up a little to catch a green light, or travel at your normal rate and have to idle at a red light?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    Which would be more economical - speed up a little to catch a green light, or travel at your normal rate and have to idle at a red light?
    IMO it pays to know your environment on this one. Meaning, knowing the timing of changes in stop lights in the road you frequently use. For me, speed up a little to the green light in major intersections since the stop light is on for a longer time. In some intersection just drive casually.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    It's all about the driver...

Sent from Zenfone 3 on Tsikot mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Can You Modify A Car To Save Fuel? - Fifth Gear - YouTube

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Can You Modify A Car To Save Fuel? - Fifth Gear - YouTube

i dont rev pass 2200 para do mag activate yung turbo...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mijhonda View Post
    Hi All

tips naman po
    I once read that you should drive as if may itlog kang inaapakan sa ilalim ng accelerator haha. In other words, be light when stepping at the gas pedal. Earlier shifting helps, so long as it doesnt hurt the engine of course.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    I once read that you should drive as if may itlog kang inaapakan sa ilalim ng accelerator haha. In other words, be light when stepping at the gas pedal. Earlier shifting helps, so long as it doesnt hurt the engine of course.
    bawal pala mabigat na paa...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    the best way to save gas is to plan your trips.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
tips to save gas