New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Hi. I just want to get the opinion from people who may have more knowledge about fuel and cars. I just use an ordinary diesel fuel for our cars. Recently I was told that Shell Power V diesel is better for the engine. As to how it helps I'm not sure. One thing I noticed is that it costs much higher than the ordinary diesel. Is this cost worth it for the benefit (not so sure what) that it is suppose to give the car?

Thanks in advance for your time.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I don't generally believe in premium fuel, but I have noticed a significant increase in engine responsiveness with V-Power Diesel versus FuelSave Diesel on my Ranger XLT 2.2 before.

V-Power Diesel feels the same as Unioil Euro IV diesel though which is just as cheap as FuelSave diesel, which is why I use Unioil diesel whenever I can. In the provinces though where Unioil isn't present, I use V-Power Diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    tested ko na from laspinyas to talavera nueva ecija fuel save fulltank balikan let say kumunsumo ako ng 800 .

sa ibang gas station mga 1k gastos ko same way and same normal driving.mas tipid talaga sa shell fuel save matagal maubos.lalo na kapag hindi ginagamit...LOL

mas nakaka tipid ako sa fuel save kaysa sa ibang brand.seriously

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    i've tried using both v power and fuel save and no significant difference in terms of engine performance. sa fuel save ka na lang, you get the same mileage pero mas cheaper.
    Last edited by monty_GTV; January 23rd, 2015 at 10:25 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Amoy kerosene ung mga vpower, turbodiesel and unioil euro4 diesel. Btw, i use caltex with techron D. Pero pag wala, shell fuel save lang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderintravele View Post
    Hi. I just want to get the opinion from people who may have more knowledge about fuel and cars. I just use an ordinary diesel fuel for our cars. Recently I was told that Shell Power V diesel is better for the engine. As to how it helps I'm not sure. One thing I noticed is that it costs much higher than the ordinary diesel. Is this cost worth it for the benefit (not so sure what) that it is suppose to give the car?

Thanks in advance for your time.
    care to mention your ride and year? or the diesel type of engine you have?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Sa Diesel best choice ko dito sa Davao Seaoil for my montero. Sa gas, medyo di hiyang yung Rio sa V-power. Mas maganda pa takbo sa seaoil extreme95, blaze or caltex silver. Di ko pa natry caltex gold.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    After trying different brand of diesel fuel on my Sorento, I find Unioil as the perfect match. Engine run smooth and very responsive. With V power parang hirap.
    Here my observation sa ibang brand.
    V power hirap ang engine mag accelerate. My mate sa ofc. which uses the same car as mine said mausok daw.
    Caltex, Petron Dblaze and Total, ok din smooth ang takbo and ok lang din engine response.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After trying different brand of diesel fuel on my Sorento, I find Unioil as the perfect match. Engine run smooth and very responsive. With V power parang hirap.
    Here my observation sa ibang brand.
    V power hirap ang engine mag accelerate. My mate sa ofc. which uses the same car as mine said mausok daw.
    Caltex, Petron Dblaze and Total, ok din smooth ang takbo and ok lang din engine response.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Newbie question!

Ask ko lang mga sir kung ok lang na mag switch from V power (premium) to fuel saver?

Or mas maganda yung premium?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by torvics View Post
    Newbie question!

Ask ko lang mga sir kung ok lang na mag switch from V power (premium) to fuel saver?

Or mas maganda yung premium?
    Check your car's owners manual and use the required fuel octane rating. If it says 91RON, then you'll be fine with Shell Fuelsave. If it says 95RON, then use V-Power Nitro+.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast