New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Also jut703, who do you think has the better additives for their entry level diesels (fuel save, dmax, caltex) and unleaded? Or the old saying hiyang hiyang is still the best basis?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Bro, the only difference between premium diesel (VPD, Turbo Diesel, Excellium Diesel) and regular diesel is that premium diesel uses better additives with more cleaning agents. But in terms of sulfur content (0.005), cetane index (50-52), and other tech specs, they're exactly the same.

Unlike ordinary unleaded (FuelSave, Silver, etc), which has a different base fuel compared to premium unleaded (V-Power, Excellium, etc), ordinary diesel and premium diesel use exactly the same base fuel - they come out of the very same tank in the depot, and the additives are only added afterwards.

Do the additives matter? Yes they do, but not all that much. Depending on your vehicle and driving conditions, you might feel better responsiveness. However, from my blind testing and objective FC measurements, the difference is hardly noticeable unless you psyche yourself to look for it.

You might be asking, if the difference is only because of additives, why the huge price difference? The simple answer is because people are paying for it.

When VPD and TD were launched a few years back, the price difference was only about P2.00/L. However, with the prevalence of CRDi SUVs, coupled with heavy marketing, the year-on-year volume growth of premium diesel was consistently spectacular. Shell and Petron tested a larger gap between premium and regular diesel (2.50-2.75) and volume was still growing. Finally, they found equilibrium in terms of volume/margin at around P3.00/L.

So if you want lower VPD prices, just boycott it. Shell Philippines to launch Euro 4 fuels by Jan. 1, 2016Personally I don't think it's worth it. But if your fuel allowance is based on liters rather than peso value, then premium diesel is the way to go. Shell Philippines to launch Euro 4 fuels by Jan. 1, 2016

Definitely not. Those old vehicles will still run with Euro 4 diesel. Only properly implemented government policies can fully revamp the transpo system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks so much bro.,- much help/guidance, and very much appreciated.

My allowance is fixed peso and so, I am keenly looking at the regular diesel,- as I was using UniOil diesel anyway for my other van.

I just noticed that when Petron announced their Euro IV diesel,- they increased the price by P1/L - which is now the same price as UniOil's EuroIV,- at least in our area. (Regular diesel of Shell currently, is P1/L lower than these two)

[I specially like the way you said it - "The simple answer is because people are paying for it".]...

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

28.3K _/_/_/_/_/:santa:_/_/_/_/_/
    Last edited by CVT; December 15th, 2015 at 11:11 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    nice thread ........

kung saan makakamura at malaki difference eh dun na ako sa mura

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sana all of these players have zero ethanol and not only petron blaze. para maka karga ako for my bike na mapili

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *jut703,

Now since all players are going the Euro 4 route. Do you have any personal preference where to fuel up diesel? Might be betting on your recommendation

6. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Some good news for everyone. Shell will produce and supply Euro 4 fuels starting Jan. 1, 2016. The Big 3 oil companies are already Euro 4 compliant!

Shell completes PH refinery upgrade, will make Euro IV fuel

Reuters
    Posted at 12/14/15 6:12 PM

SINGAPORE - Shell Philippines has completed the upgrade of its 110,000 barrels per day (bpd) refinery in the province of Batangas and will be able to produce Euro-IV compliant fuels by January, the company said on Monday.

That is in line with a government requirement for oil companies in the country to be ready to produce the more environmentally friendly Euro-IV compliant diesel and gasoline fuels by Jan. 1, 2016. The fuels have a sulphur content of 50 parts per million (ppm) compared with 500 ppm at present.

"(The company) has successfully completed its refinery upgrade and is ready to supply Euro IV-compliant fuels by Jan. 1, 2016," a Royal Dutch Shell RDSa.L spokeswoman told Reuters.

The Philippines' Petron Corp. finished upgrading its 180,000 barrels-per-day (bpd) refinery in Bataan to produce Euro-IV compliant fuels earlier this year, industry sources said.

Link: Shell completes PH refinery upgrade, will make Euro IV fuel | ABS-CBN News
    This is good news! My behbeh Monty and Mux will be very happy.

Thanks sa info Shell Philippines to launch Euro 4 fuels by Jan. 1, 2016🏻

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Shell sucat parang euro 4 gamit nila

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgz View Post
    Shell sucat parang euro 4 gamit nila

May signages na ba?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    di ko maalala sir pero sa pumpstation meron crude at gas euro 4 na

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Sa better Living Parañaque Euro4 na yung mga shell dun kaso gas lang. Yung diesel hindi pa

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast