New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Petron pa rin for gasoline. Unioil for diesel.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Pakana lang yan. :hysterical:
    Sasabihin ng mga racer wannabes bumilis sasakyan nila kasi naka-F1 gas... Haha.

In terms of regular gasolines, ano mas preferred?
    Petron Xtra Unleaded or Shell Fuelsave(kuno) Unleaded?

Para kasing mas malinis yung Shell. Dahil siguro sa ambiance ng mga stations nila. Hehehe.

For us, ever since, we have been using Shell. And just like you, the ambiance of Shell stations are very catchy thus creating this illusion that there fuel is really clean. We never really wanna try other stations other than Shell unless in far flung areas and the fuel level is low and we have to gas up at the nearest available station.

Due to the rising fuel prices, I noticed that there are more cars gassing up in Petron than in any gasoline station along Commonwealth Ave. And since at that time their diesel is cheaper by .60, I have decided to why not try, and around the same price for their gasoline. After 2 full tanks, I really noticed the difference in performance between Shell diesel, but the distance traveled, virtually the same. The same goes for gasoline. Both regular fuels, by the way. Plus the fact that I could maximize the use of SM Advantage Card.

Then I saw a SeaOil, the one in Fairview and I have been seeing a lot of cars, old or new and even brand new, public and private vehicles, buses, gassing up there, from different brands such as Tucson, GS, Elantra, Accent, Montero, Hilux, Navara, Civic, etc, and even a BMW, that led me to think why not try SeaOil. I even read that they are offering Euro 5 diesel. Nevertheless, I was still very hesitant at first coz by looking at that particular SeaOil station, it's not as pleasing to eyes as compared to Petron or Shell. But I still tried for both diesel and gas, both regular. My observation, the performance is almost the same with Petron but the only difference is the smell of the fume. One disadvantage of SeaOil is the availability of their stations along Commonwealth, it is very limited.

So among the 3 (Shell, Petron and SeaOil), speaking of regular gasoline and diesel, I would only go with Petron or SeaOil. But since SeaOil is almost the same with Petron and they are even cheaper, I would probably choose SeaOil from now on. I have yet to try their 97 Octane gasoline. I have no idea with Caltex since I haven't tried fueling up there.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarte View Post
    Sila bumubuhay sa akin pero sa Petron pa rin ako nagpapakarga

para lang yang STORK candy na ginawang STARR ang tatak... :bwahaha:
    actually for Stork, they changed name because the importer in US got raided by FBI. high lead content yung packaging nila hehe sorry OT.

BTT: i would only load up with the "NEW" kuno shell fuels if they have marketing giveaways like umbrella or sunshade

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Always been an Xtreme97 user. Better fuel for a cheaper price. Never really fell for the gimmicks of the big three.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The new nomenclature is annoying. It's all V-Power this, V-Power that. Too wordy and harder to distinguish at a distance.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Regular gasoline and regular diesel pa rin for me...

15.7K:lalala:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    lumabas na yun new commercial nila para sa F1 nitro fuel kuno nila...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    since i do a daily drive, not for performance driving, i am not a fan of high octane fuel.
    i still go for chevron silver.... yun ang pinakamatipid sa akin eh.
    petron, ok sana ang engine response, pero mas mabilis maubos.

shell.... never liked it.... tama ang mga previous posters....puro marketing hypes...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    mas tumatagal sa akin ang fuelsave compared sa extra unleaded ng petron pero pag sa performance mas ok ang petron kaso mas mahal ang unleaded nila kesa sa fuelsave dito sa amin by P1.00 kaya sa fuelsave na lang. And regarding sa new fuel na to, I will never try it hindi naman sports car ang sasakyan ko lol :p

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234