New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    who's gonna bother to check sa independent lab na talaga may binago ang shell sa old fuel nila?

ano ginawa nila to produce "fuelsave"?

additional processing? special additives?

all of a sudden shell reprocessed/reformulated millions of liters of unleaded and diesel to create fuelsave?

when was the transition from non-fuelsave to fulesave? when they put up those fuelsave signs sa gas stations, fuelsave na agad ang tinitinda nila?

how do consumers know na fuelsave talaga ang tinitinda ng mga shell station na meron fuelsave sign? how do consumers know hindi old stock non-fuelsave ang kinakarga sa tangke nila?

galing naman ng logistics nila na lahat ng non-fuelsave sabay naubos at sabay-sabay fuelsave na ang tinitinda ng mga shell stations when they put up those fuelsave signs all at the same time

did any shell station close for a few hours when they ran out of non-fuelsave while waiting for delivery of fuelsave?

if not, then fuelsave was mixed with non-fuelsave sa underground storage tanks ng mga shell station para walang interruption

OR

nothing changed. there was no change. pareho ang non-fuelsave and fuelsave

it's pure marketing

the only thing that changed is they have a new name for their fuel and they got new signs sa mga gas stations nila

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    you save 1 liter every 50 liter of gas. this is a good marketing strategy by shell after their P20 off every P1K of gas. for me this is just a "mind setting" marketing tool, whether this is true or not, at the end of the day they get business out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    It's better IMO if they remove the ethanol.
    10% ethanol is supposed to reduce the fuel-efficiency on 3% in a regular low-compression engine. With a higher compression the fuel-efficiency losses are not so considerable.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dandeguzman View Post
    na try ko na to. kakapagas ko lang nung thursday. kaso medyo hindi maganda kinalabasan sa akin. nagkaroon lang ng problema car ko. naging masyadong mababa ung idling hanggang sa namamatay na lang kusa ung sasakyan. 3 times to nangyari kaya pinatignan ko na agad sa casa. sabi nila wala naman daw problema. hindi ko alam kung dahil ito sa bagong fuelsave ng shell or baka naman may halong tubig or something ung shell na pinaggasan ko. 3 years na akong nagpapagas sa shell and ngayon lang ako nakaexperience nito
    ganun din nangyari sakin nun nag try ako nyan, namamatay ng kusa. bumalik ako sa XCS ayun ok na.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wbLind View Post
    ganun din nangyari sakin nun nag try ako nyan, namamatay ng kusa. bumalik ako sa XCS ayun ok na.
    kaya pala fuel save, namamatay ng kusa ang makina... fuel save nga!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I haven't noticed...

If true,- 1 liter saved out of 50 liters is just 2% savings,- insignificant...

13.8K:gotcha:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yun engine oil nga nila nakaka save din ng fuel daw eh pero pag binasa mo yun "fine print" eh it wast tested against a different viscosity yun Shell oil eh 0w-30 tapos compare yata nila sa 15W-30 or 20W-30

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hi

I have been using the "Fuel Save" since it was launched and I am using shell ever since. I noticed that my FC increased since the shift and I have a constant route from office to house and I know my car's pattern when to gas up.

I asked around and indeed some confirmed my observation.

Any views on this? IMO Petron gives me the best mileage I just dont like the smell from the tail pipe. Hindi sa inaamoy ko parang burnt smell which makes me worry.

TIA

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Na try ko na rin to.

Ang PANGET ng hatak. Parang humina ung hatak ng makina compared sa usual na ginagamit ko na Petron Xtra Unleaded at XCS. Usually mga 1.5k - 2k rpm sa petron solve na ako sa stop and go. Dito lagpas 2k nahihinaan parin ako sa hatak.

The "fuel save" brand I think is an oxymoron because you need to step the pedal harder and use more gas to accelerate.

Two thumbs down . This is still just a marketing gimik unless they can prove it with real world research with honest to goodness data. But come to think of it, its much cheaper (and uses less brain power) to spend on marketing and advertisement than to develop a fuel that is worthy of the "fuel save" logo.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    natry ko na fuelsave same lang sila ng consumption ko compared sa premium pero mas mura kaya sa fuelsave muna ako

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Shell FuelSave Unleaded