New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Help, newbie here and a new car owner, a Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6S MT. I hired a driver who filled up the car with Petron XCS full, then my permanent driver said that it's supposed to be filled with unleaded only. I called Toyota and asked, was told that we need to drain it and replace with unleaded for it might cause problems in its catalytic converter which is not covered by warranty. Now this is like 30 liters of gasoline! Will it really hurt the engine or I can just use it then fill it up with unleaded next? Please help, and fast.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    unleaded naman po lahat nang gas dito sa atin.. wala na pong nagbebenta nang leaded gas... Yang Petron XCS eh 95 RON, I don't think you need to drain your gas tank.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    xcs 95 octane, mas malakas hatak ng makina- 44.50 pesos per liter
    xtra unleaded 93 octane, mahina konti hatak - 42.70 pesos per liter

the altis can handle both fuels. my sister uses xtra unleaded so far so good no problem with her altis

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    unleaded naman po lahat nang gas dito sa atin.. wala na pong nagbebenta nang leaded gas... Yang Petron XCS eh 95 RON, I don't think you need to drain your gas tank.
    I'm confused, this Petron ad doesn't say it's unleaded. I'm just worried it's going to cost me more if I keep it running with what's left of the Petron XCS in the tank (was told it's worth a week of city driving) and might immediately cause problems with the part not covered by warranty.

[SIZE=1]The New PETRON XCS COMPLETE COMBUSTION SYSTEM[/SIZE][SIZE=1] gives you more muscle on the road by providing the following performance benefits:[/SIZE][SIZE=1]. [/SIZE][SIZE=1]- Excellent detergency cleans up engine deposits quickly and maintains
    engine cleanliness;
    - A complex combination of additive chemistries promotes better fuel
    consumption;
    [/SIZE][SIZE=1]
    - Better combustion enables the engine to work at maximum power;
    - Hydrocarbon emission is reduced by up to 45%.

A 95-RON fuel, new Petron XCS meets the top-tier standards of the World Wide Fuel Charter and octane rating requirements of most modern vehicles. It resists engine knock, provides smoother acceleration and ensures better driveability.
    [/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Ganito po yan:

99% of gasoline being sold today is already UNLEADED. Yun nga lang nagkakaiba sa Octane Rating, Additives or yung mga bago ngayon with ethanol.

If your car manual/car dealer recommends 93 Octane fuel rating only then dun ka may problema (Mazda 3 dapat daw 93 Octane lang).

So if the altis can handle 95 Octane you have no problems. Better call your dealer and ask kung pwede ang 95 Octane rating for your car.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Ang tanga naman ng Toyota dealer (?) na yan. Gas stations have long been prohibited from selling fuel with lead as additive for several years now. Engot din nung permanent driver mo, IMO, he should be fired.

Re: the Mazda3 requiring 93 Octane fuel only, that's a bit weird. I don't think Mazda would want to sell a car with an engine like that. I've never seen that warning in any of their advertisements, so I doubt if it's true. May mga managers kami dito with Mazda3 cars, wala naman silang sinasabi sa amin na ganun. Normally, the higher the octane, the better for the engine.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightRider07PH View Post
    Ganito po yan:

99% of gasoline being sold today is already UNLEADED. Yun nga lang nagkakaiba sa Octane Rating, Additives or yung mga bago ngayon with ethanol.

If your car manual/car dealer recommends 93 Octane fuel rating only then dun ka may problema (Mazda 3 dapat daw 93 Octane lang).

So if the altis can handle 95 Octane you have no problems. Better call your dealer and ask kung pwede ang 95 Octane rating for your car.

the altis can handle 95 RON fuels. in fact, the altis can also handle E10 fuels.
    tama explanation nila bro. don't waste sleep over that. unleaded lahat ng fuels dito sa pilipinas.

medyo matakot ka kung diesel o kerosene yang nilagay sa oto.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Baka minimum RON of 93 siguro. Mali lang interpretation. Coz it limits you to gas stations that only have this fuel kung ganon.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sa mga provinces na lang available ang mga leaded fuel. Pero bihira na lang. Ang label yata is "regular".

Sa pagkakaalam ko, ang mga EFI engines can handle from a certain min. RON fuel. The engine is intelligent enough to adjust the timing.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    kung 93 RON ang specified, they specify the minimum requirement, so using a higher RON than the minimum required should pose no problem (except that it would cost you more).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Premium Gas on Unleaded