New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    After many years of riding on diesel SUV, now shifting to gasoline-fed CUV (and people say my car is the thirsty type). So rather than guess and try, would like to use the power of collective experience from all of you guys, and get a general idea which gas brand/variant gives more mileage.

Can't find how to create a poll, so just using plane thread to survey.

Pls share the following using format as follows:
    Which car and engine size, AT or MT?
    Brand A: xx km/liter
    Brand B: yy km/liter
    Brand C: zz km/liter

Admin, if there has been an exactly similar thread (tried to search, but unable to find), kindly close this and refer me to thread link.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    After many years of riding on diesel SUV, now shifting to gasoline-fed CUV (and people say my car is the thirsty type). So rather than guess and try, would like to use the power of collective experience from all of you guys, and get a general idea which gas brand/variant gives more mileage.

Can't find how to create a poll, so just using plane thread to survey.

Pls share the following using format as follows:
    Which car and engine size, AT or MT?
    Brand A: xx km/liter
    Brand B: yy km/liter
    Brand C: zz km/liter

Admin, if there has been an exactly similar thread (tried to search, but unable to find), kindly close this and refer me to thread link.

Thanks.
    I regularly use 95 octane fuels from Caltex, Petron, Jetti, Phoenix, Seaoil in our Revo. Found no significant difference in fuel economy between them. Variation can be as much as 20-30% by the very nature of changing traffic conditions and weather, but they all tend to even out at 8-10km/L. Mixed city/highway.

Go with whatever your car likes (that is, it doesn't knock and ping if you use it). It's different for every car.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I go with the gas stations which give me rebates on my card that i use.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    as per experience, any unleaded fuel with E10 gives me bad gas mileage.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    petron unleaded para sa RAV4 4x4 AT gen2 ko, 7km/l city driving same or lower pa nga pag un mas mahal na gas

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    as per experience, any unleaded fuel with E10 gives me bad gas mileage.
    lahat yata E10 na ang 93 RON???

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    among the unleaded variants, i am getting the worst fuel mileage from Shell, next is Petron.
    Total and Chevron gives me somewhat of similar FCs, but with different response. Mas maganda ang response sa akin ni Total.

going higher, among premiums, i still get the worst mileage from Shell, the rest like Petron, Chevron Gold and Total are the same, but I get the best engine response from Petron.

yung pinakamahal, hindi ako gumagamit nun... daily drive lang naman ang car.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Been using Petron XCS for over a yr now. It gets me at least 610 kms at 42 liters of fuel. A full tank of fuel can last me a month. Purely city driving; Tandang sora to Oritgas and back. I use the car 6-7 times a week.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    I go with the gas stations which give me rebates on my card that i use.
    Same with me, rather than hunting for a gas station with cheaper price, or a gas brand that can give me better mileage. I just go for the gasoline that can give me 3% rebate. That's already 1.50 savings per liter.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Same with me, rather than hunting for a gas station with cheaper price, or a gas brand that can give me better mileage. I just go for the gasoline that can give me 3% rebate. That's already 1.50 savings per liter.
    Can you pls share which card+fuel brand combination gives good (or the best) rebates? Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Poll: Which gasoline gives you more mileage? Pls share your experiences. Thanks.