Caltex Diesel with Techron D ??
    Eastern Petroleum Diesel Pro ??
    Phoenix Diesel ??
    Flying V BioDiesel ??
    PTT BlueDiesel ??

Any corrections?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Petron Turbo Diesel and Diesel Max have exactly the same cetane rating, which is around 50-52 depending on the batch.

This is the same case with Shell VPD and FSD, with Total EXD and regular Diesel, and so on.

Premium diesel is nothing but extra additives vs regular diesel. They come from the same tank in the depot and are exactly the same product except for the additives which are added after the base fuel is loaded.

So yes, it's all marketing! The product cost difference between regular diesel and premium diesel is nowhere near the 3++ pesos per liter that they add.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Thats just fukced up. So these reports and articles are just marketting. Glad to know from the insider 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    But jut, don't additives make a difference? I get that the cost to benefit ratio is high, but aren't there any real benefits to these additives?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    But jut, don't additives make a difference? I get that the cost to benefit ratio is high, but aren't there any real benefits to these additives?
    There are. The additives used in premium diesel really have better detergent properties so you really get a cleaner burn.

It's just that the additives form a very small percentage of the fuel so you aren't really losing much by just using regular diesel.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Well, not really just marketing for the sake of marketing. There is still some truth to what they're saying... Premium fuel still beats Regular fuel in more ways than one. And I agree, it's all in the additive package.

The additive packages are more than just a marketing gimmick. Some additives are even vital (lubricity, anti-foam, corrosion inhibitors, fuel stabilizers, just to name a few. (Here's a good read about it: Diesel Fuel Additives)

I think what frustrates everyone is that, because these corporations have a duty to protect their trade secrets and IP, they can't really say exactly what is in their concoction. That's part of the reason why subjects like Brand A fuel vs Brand B fuel is nothing more than anecdotal narratives, since most are only based on the 'seat-of-your-pants' feel, rather than something that can be scientifically measured.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    So the 3+ peso difference per liter is not worth it? I've stopped using V-power and petron turbo diesel since i can't feel any difference in performance. Consumption even became worse

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Petron Turbo Diesel 55
    Petron Diesel Max 50
    Shell Vpower Nitro+ Diesel 54
    Shel Fuel Save Diesel 50
    Total Excellium Diesel 54
    Seaoil Exceed 51-52
    Unioil EuroDiesel IV >51

Caltex Diesel with Techron D ??
    Eastern Petroleum Diesel Pro ??
    Phoenix Diesel ??
    Flying V BioDiesel ??
    PTT BlueDiesel ??

Any corrections?
    I have called the respective oil companies,
    The FF Are their replies.
    Petron 53-55, turbo diesel -58
    Shell both fuel v power nitro and fuel save 50 the lowest
    Phoenix 53-55
    Seaoil 51
    Unioil both called and email no reply.
    I am wondering why govt did not imposed gas station to post cetane no. Of diesel as the octane no. Of gas. Any reason??

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Our govt is not too keen on standards. The denr queen should be held accountable...

Good effort bro. Turbo diesel is 58... hmmm

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by StockEngine; February 18th, 2017 at 10:38 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wiper View Post
    I have called the respective oil companies,
    The FF Are their replies.
    Petron 53-55, turbo diesel -58
    Shell both fuel v power nitro and fuel save 50 the lowest
    Phoenix 53-55
    Seaoil 51
    Unioil both called and email no reply.
    I am wondering why govt did not imposed gas station to post cetane no. Of diesel as the octane no. Of gas. Any reason??
    How can you say that Shell's cetane is lower, when they get from Petron or Total anyway so it's the same base fuel for all of them.

Who exactly did you call?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Philippines Diesel Fuel's Cetane Numbers