New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Maybe he means Unioil diesel has more contaminants in it. It should have less soot due to having less sulfur. When I primed my fuel filter I noticed more black particulates (asphaltines?) than normal. I thought I just missed a couple of primings but after 2 more fillups still the same. Maybe from the station or lorry or the fuel itself.

I eventually stopped filling up at Unioil and switched to Petron Turbo Diesel.

That's good news for us in general. Maybe we'll finally get more engine options for our cars.

I don't get the double standard for emissions either. Delivery trucks are screened meticulously while buses and jeeps with obviously more smoke blow right past.
    By January 2016, new passenger cars are required by law to be euro4 compliant as per DENR. definitely more options for us

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Euro5 Diesel might be the diesel product from the new refinery.

July 2015 is the unconfirmed release date.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Petron has no need to introduce Euro 5. What they're doing now is flooding the market with cheap fuel, resulting in many independents turning to Petron as their supplier.

The old status quo was that oil companies had few big wholesalers, who then distributed their fuel to smaller independents. Now, Petron is transacting directly with the small players, by offering lower prices since they eliminated the middleman. Now, the wholesale businesses of other oil companies are getting really affected. Heck, right now, even branded small players source their fuel from Petron because it's cheaper than importing from abroad.

Why is Petron flooding the market with cheap oil? Because they need to maintain a certain volume to maximize the economies of scale of their upgraded refinery in order to keep costs low. The volume from their 2,200 retail stations isn't enough to keep the refinery afloat.

Now, going for Euro 5 doesn't line up well with their current strategy. Euro 5 fuel will be about 2 pesos more expensive per liter. 99% of customers don't care - if you look at the bigger picture, fuel consumption is actually mostly for business use. Private users like us don't constitute the majority of the pie.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Maybe he means Unioil diesel has more contaminants in it. It should have less soot due to having less sulfur. When I primed my fuel filter I noticed more black particulates (asphaltines?) than normal. I thought I just missed a couple of primings but after 2 more fillups still the same. Maybe from the station or lorry or the fuel itself.

I eventually stopped filling up at Unioil and switched to Petron Turbo Diesel.
    Now I'm wondering if this is an issue for Unioil gasolines as well. I'm only on my second full tank of their 95 octane gasoline, and I switched because of the Euro-4 compliance. The one-peso-per-liter discount doesn't hurt either.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Its official. Petron fuels are euro4 for mega manila except diesel.

According to Petron Corp.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post

petron fuel is cheap, its not even used and recommended sa planta ng TMPI

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

7. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Anyone who use seaoil diesel?post your reviews please?ive been using it since day 1 of my monty

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What is TMPI?

I know TMPC hehehe

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Question, sino-sino na dito nakagamit ng Euro 4 nila?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Kung totoo nga ito,- e anong Euro??? ang diesel nila?

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

26.5K _/_/_/_/_/:taunt:_/_/_/_/_/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast