New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Petron's Refinery Master Plan 2 - 2B$ Project in Bataan to be fully operational by H1/H2 2015.

Diesel and Petrol Euro4 Fuels

Old information

http://www.petron.com/web/Media/uplo...ance_final.pdf

Current August news

Petron says pre-commissioning of expanded Bataan refinery under way

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Petron Diesel "might" be Euro5 compliant once the upgraded refinery starts working. Petron is targetting Malaysia and Asia Pacific. This information is from Petron Chairman and CEO Ramon S. Ang

Euro5 is 10PPM (sulphur content)
    Euro4 is 50PPM
    Euro3 is 150PPM
    Euro2 is 500PPM (current diesel grade in Philippines)

-less pollution
    -Thai spec engnes
    -[0.5 to 2] Peso price increase?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Sana ok yung lubrication additives na ipapalit nila sa sulfur, para iwas injector problems.

Sabagay may 2Tcnaman daw.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    January 2015 might be the release of these new fuels.

Petron has already asked Kuwait to supply an additional 55,000barrels per day starting January 1, 2015.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I just hope our current diesel engines can handle their euro 5 diesel. I had excess soot problems with Unioil Euro 4 diesel. I

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I just hope our current diesel engines can handle their euro 5 diesel. I had excess soot problems with Unioil Euro 4 diesel. I
    What do you mean with excess soot problem with unioil diesel sir?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I bet that if they ever implemented this, they again would have a double standard with jeepneys and buses exempt from the 15-year old phase out scheme when in fact, they are the largest contributors of air pollution.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I'm willing to send my 2 vehichles (who passed emission testing legally with flying colors) to the trash bin as long as I don't see any vehicles that are 15 years old and up on the roads, this should be in the whole of the Philippines! 2T motorcycles should also be included and those trucks, buses, trailers, trailers everything as long as it is 15 years and above!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    What do you mean with excess soot problem with unioil diesel sir?
    Maybe he means Unioil diesel has more contaminants in it. It should have less soot due to having less sulfur. When I primed my fuel filter I noticed more black particulates (asphaltines?) than normal. I thought I just missed a couple of primings but after 2 more fillups still the same. Maybe from the station or lorry or the fuel itself.

I eventually stopped filling up at Unioil and switched to Petron Turbo Diesel.

That's good news for us in general. Maybe we'll finally get more engine options for our cars.

I don't get the double standard for emissions either. Delivery trucks are screened meticulously while buses and jeeps with obviously more smoke blow right past.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast