New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Good turnout today, We'll let everyone post up their thoughts and opinions of the kits. But heres some numbers to wet your pallet. We'll post up more later cause right now I am dead tired.

Izuzu Crosswind 0-40MPH 18.28 seconds system off
    0-40mph 12.27 system off. Can you say hauling butt. This is a 2.5 non intercooled vehicle. The top end was much improved as well. It struggeled to get to 80kph once the kit was activated you were running out of road and screaming past 100kph. We'll let the owner post his opinions. But the vehicle gained a easy 30% increase in power. This vehicle went from a meager 78hp to 101hp with no other changes on 35% methanol and the rest water.

Same for Starex we installed a kit on, You notice the chance in pitch of the engine then it just pulls like there is no tomorrow. The harder you hit it the more it gives you. Take not the engine temp dropped about 25 degres over from his normal operating temp. We only used a M2 nozzle on this and determined it could use more so we are going to 3gph for the dyno.

The pre turbo injection yields the greatest gains, It makes your small turbo perform like a bigger turbo and you feel the boost come on much faster and much more of it. You can pretty much scap the top mount intercooler because it is only hurting your vehicles performance due to the heat soak.

We'll let our favorite Isuzu tell you his performance gains and the massive exhaust gas temperature drops since he has a gauge mounted in the vehicle.

All in all a great day.

Please post your opinions and comments for all who attended. It was great to meet everyone and I hope you found it very informative and you see it's a product that delivers every bit of power that is claimed. We'll be doing a dyno of the starex hopefully on Tuesday if not that vehicle we'll do the isuzu trooper.

One of the biggest things you'll notice is your top end is almost unstopable you don't overheat and the boost stays strong the entire time no matter how long or how hard you beat on the car all the while your engine temps are running lower.

We will also be doing a emissions test to show you what we mean by how much it reduces emissions.

On the stick shift vehicles it was pretty hard to get good numbers on HP do to the slow shifting. I'll be in the PI until the 30th so please feel free to ask questions or PM me.

If your going to do something for your vehicle do something that works. Speedlab will be carring the kits soon as well as be a installer so look for that soon.

Lets here from out guest. (i'll put some pics up later)

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thank You Devildoc for the gifts and prices.

After we replaced the M7 to an M3 the engine performed powerfully and more smoothly. With 35/65 alchohol mixture the engine exhibited cooler EGTs and a good kick.

The trip home is where I really tested its acceleration. It speeds up faster and the EGT either shoots down or maintains its temperature more longer than without the injection. Im not saying its super fast but it accelerates smoothly and more colder in the combustion chamber based on my EGT gauge. I think the reason the temp lowers is the 65% water while the meth gives the increase acceleration.

For the price and simplicity of operation and cost of fuel (meth and water) I would rate the device 9 (ten being highest). If it was free I would rate it 10.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice meeting you all guys!
    Again thank you dvldoc for the prices, especially I won the kit, what else I can ask more ... can't wait to get this installed in my ride. Felt the rush when it was tested on my Crosswind XUVi today (3/22/2008). The Crosswind XUVI A/T with 4JA1-L engine performance is not one of those fast ride known to tsikoteers, but with the Water/Alcohol Injection tested today (I believe used with 35/65 mix), jeeez can't believed it just pulls harder, and harder and faster.

The improvement is very much noticeable at the top end... with the system turned off the acceleration at 60kph going above is slow, but with the system turned on, the performance from 60kph and beyond is a lot quicker. The gain in speed is gradual, but definitely its noticeable. Imagine that 5 sec drop at 0-40mph as logged by dvldoc's accelerometer.

In the meantime... will be working on soon to install the kit. Good job to the kit.
    Last edited by 20vanda01; March 22nd, 2008 at 10:30 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    As promised you get the results we advertise unlike alot of product I've seen sold here. The only down side of the kit is when you get on the highway, if you get a ticket for speeding it's not our fault

Dyno should go done Thursday for the Starex and emission testing.

I will be making one change to the kits due to what we learned today. Some of the older vehicles like the starex build boost very slow and it takes a while to get to the turn on point so we are going to make the 4cyl turbo diesel kit with only the 2-10 psi switch which will cover all vehicles. The trooper had no problems hitting 6psi of boost pretty fast but the older starex stuggled to get there once it did it went from a brick to a turbocharged vehicle like it should be. I still have 3 other kits to get out this week so you will have more testimonials soon.

Once you get past having the extra power and not speeding you will see some nice fuel savings because it will now take less throttle to go the same speed.

On the quick connect kit I brought for testing it also had a on off toggle while crusing at 80kph on the Crosswind we turned off the kit and the vehicle immediatly begain to decelerate with no change in throttle.

Turning the system back on at 80kph the vehicle immediatly begain to accerate on it's on with no change in throttle. This is the horsepower increase your getting pushing the vehicle on. It actually started to creep up to 87kph. should have took a video of that on. But he can post up his personal testing after he has it re-installed on the vehicle.

One thing is you can't help but smile when you do that first full out run and discover how your vehicle can actually now perform. I could not imagine driving a vehicle that struggled to 80kph on the highway.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: I'm still trying to figure out how can I free up some space in the Crosswind's engine bay to allow the installation of the water/mixture alcohol tank. I'm thinking of converting my air filter similar to 4JGtootsie's setup.

4JGtootsie, where did you have your air filter customized?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Happy Easter guys, yeah I know the date stamp is wrong lol

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Geeezzz I can't wait to get mine!!! too bad I should have gotten another kit for my other vehicle. Maybe until the next discounted sale I'll get one.

Sir Dvldoc, Hope you can visit the Philippines in the near future once again

BTW, what do I get to prepare for the kit? I need a tank - I can get any washer tank right?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    You just need a tank that will fit were you want it to if your stock washer fluid tank is to small or hidden in the fenderwell. It's always good to get the biggest one you can fit in there so less refills.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 20vanda01 View Post
    OT: I'm still trying to figure out how can I free up some space in the Crosswind's engine bay to allow the installation of the water/mixture alcohol tank. I'm thinking of converting my air filter similar to 4JGtootsie's setup.

4JGtootsie, where did you have your air filter customized?
    Napapa English tayo dahil kay Devildoc.

I just did it myself. What you will need is a 45 degree tube and a filter that will fit it. You can buy ready made with cone filters but you have to cut it to size. Where you put the angle is very important so you can direct where your filter will point/stay. When you remove the OEM filter and resonator, the space will be bigger and positioning everything will be easier. If you can find a windshield washer container which is fender mounted (driver side) then it will much easier and spacious. The bigger the better.

Yung container ko 4 liters ubos na pagdating ng QC, patay sindi pa ako. Para ngang may lift-off switch ako. I only turn it on pag overtaking at straight aways. Your limitation is the amount of water meth you have and how to conserve until you reach destination.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Dyno will be Weds now. We'll play around with the mixes and see which one the starex likes the best. Hopefully we can get Sir Charles in the crosswind on down to the dyno as well. Should be around 1pm or so at Speedlab in QC on QC ave.

Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast
Devilsown Alcohol Injection Event Results