New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Wala na ang Saudi Aramco sa Petron since 2008. They sold their shares to a London based private equity firm...
    ah really? I didn't know that hehe....So since it was sold to a european based firm then would that increase the possibility that the mixture of this so called turbo diesel is sourced out from EU or lalong mas malayo pa dahil yung nakabili is a non tech firm? I wonder...
    Last edited by locoroco777; August 11th, 2010 at 11:35 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Dapat Petron should make an advertisement about this Turbo Diesel. Then on that advertisement, they should confirm if this is the Euro III or Euro IV diesel that every CRDi-engined vehicle owner have been waiting for.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    ah really? I didn't know that hehe....So since it was sold to a european based firm then would that increase the possibility that the mixture of this so called turbo diesel is sourced out from EU or lalong mas malayo pa dahil yung nakabili is a non tech firm? I wonder...
    No, the private equity firm is a finance company knows nothing about fuel. They only know how to make money!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    konting recent Petron ownership history:

dati, PNOC and Aramco each owned 40% of Petron, 20% public

then Aramco sold its stake to Ashmore

then Ashmore bought additional 11% from other shareholders = 51%

then Ashmore bought PNOC's stake = 91%

then SMC bought 51% from Ashmore

so the latest is:

SMC = 51%

Ashmore = 40%

public = 9%

i don't know how many Petron shares SMC was able to buy from the public

nag tender offer kasi sila

anyway

back to topic

i don't think ownership has anything to do with formulation of products

just coz Petron is partly owned by a UK investment firm doesnt mean the UK investment firm goes down to the decision-making level

the UK firm is only after the returns
    Last edited by uls; August 11th, 2010 at 04:35 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    No, the private equity firm is a finance company knows nothing about fuel. They only know how to make money!
    ahhh I see....I thought parang saudi aramco din haha!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    konting recent Petron ownership history:

dati, PNOC and Aramco each owned 40% of Petron, 20% public

then Aramco sold its stake to Ashmore

then Ashmore bought additional 11% from other shareholders = 51%

then Ashmore bought PNOC's stake = 91%

then SMC bought 51% from Ashmore

so the latest is:

SMC = 51%

Ashmore = 40%

public = 9%

i don't know how many Petron shares SMC was able to buy from the public

nag tender offer kasi sila

anyway

back to topic

i don't think ownership has anything to do with formulation of products

just coz Petron is partly owned by a UK investment firm doesnt mean the UK investment firm goes down to the decision-making level

the UK firm is only after the returns
    Dear Sirs:

While that may be the case with the British equity company, it is definitely NOT the management style at San Miguel.

A friend of mine from Petron's lower management told me that San Miguel's Ramon Ang is a VERY hands-on style manager.

He's all about aggressive new marketing schemes and product differentiation - think BEER marketing styles.

Until a credible segment of the driving public tells me that this new product is significantly better then I have my doubts - they are trying to market diesel fuel like its Pale Pilsen vs Lights vs Red Horse vs Blue Ice .... etc.

Sincerely,

Dusky Lim

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^

kaya sabi ko sa page 1:

smart way to convince owners of turbodiesel vehicles to pay more for fuel
    it could be ordinary diesel being marketed as fancy diesel

i havent seen the color of Petron's new diesel

but i know what Japan diesel looks like

Japan diesel looks like kerosene (it's clear)

local diesel is yellowish

if Petron's new diesel is as clear as kerosene, then Petron's new diesel could be better than ordinary diesel

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/271765...t-local-market

To sustain market leadership, dominant oil player Petron Corporation has started rolling out its new Turbo Diesel, a technologically-advanced automotive fuel promising to improve engine performance.
    The initial market introduction of the fuel, according to the company, had been at selected service stations in Dasmariñas, Macapagal Avenue, Bel-Air, McKinley and United Nations Avenue.

Petron chairman and chief executive officer Ramon S. Ang stressed that the company “has always been at the forefront of product innovations aimed at giving the motoring public environment-friendly fuels that provide more value for their money.”
    The introduction of innovative products has been going side-by-side with the oil firm’s ongoing aggressive retail network expansion through the smaller station-concept it set out in the market.

For this year alone, Petron programmed an outlay of P1.0 billion for additional 200 stations, being a component of its 1,000 retail portfolio build-up for five years.
    The Petro Turbo Diesel, according to the company, offers “unique and robust multi-functional additives resulting in improved engine performance for superior acceleration and performance, better fuel economy and reduced harmful exhaust emissions.”
    With the ‘green alternative’ drive on energy resource or supply utilization, even oil firms are also setting sights on making their fuel technology cleaner and efficient to ensure carbon emissions reduction. “Using Petron Turbo Diesel is very beneficial since its special formulation cleans and enhances engine combustion,” Ang noted.
    And on the consumers’ pockets, he stressed “this translates to better fuel economy, thus lower cost to the motoring public.”

The oil firm further explained that “the company’s new premium diesel is formulated for high-end vehicles such as those with Common Rail Direct Injection (CRDI) diesel engines as well as older diesel engine types for optimum performance.”
    It was further noted that the diesel product has “non-stop engine cleaning action, a cetane booster and a fuel optimizer to give additional performance benefits,” which may reflect with cleaning of fuel injectors, reduction of ignition delay, improvement of cold start performance, protection against engine corrosion and reduction of engine noise.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^

that's a press release

syempre they'll say good things about the new diesel

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    We still need to see the color of the diesel...

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
New Petron Turbo Diesel Fuel [MERGED]