New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    AFAIK sir...may isang middle eastern company na shareholder ang petron....saudi aramco yata iyon...not sure though....so possibly nga dun kinuha yung mixture as what you said....

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Whatever that is it is just more poison in the atmosphere. Paying more pesos for the same old poison is......foolishness.

Biodiesel. The only way to go. Renewable. cleaner. etc. etc. Favorite ng tree huggers and good for diesel car owners.

And not a peso more for marketing garbage.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Wala na ang Saudi Aramco sa Petron since 2008. They sold their shares to a London based private equity firm...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Unleaded gasoline is P43/L; current diesel price is P34/L, so diesel users pay 20% less.

At P4 premium(as stated earlier in the thread),- diesel users pay only 11.6% less.....

Hhhmmmm... premium nga....

Since my ride is only TCi,- I'll stick with the regular diesel....

10.6K:horse:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Tama ka OldSchoolHack. Hindi na kailangan bumili ng diesel booster additive. Ang 1-5% biodiesel ay sapat na. Sa research ng Philippine Coconut Authority gamit ang cocodisel sa test rig, tumaas ang engine torque, at bumama ang smoke emission nang gamitin nila ang biodesel sa ganitong dilution. ratio.

Overpriced yung benta ng Petron additive. Biodiesel na lang ang gamitin, masusuportahan pa natin ang mga kababayan nating nag-aani ng niyog.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I heard that SEA OIL has been selling diesel sourced from Singapore.

Its said to be cleaner and results in less smoke at the tailpipe.

Any truth in that?
    According to CASA Sales manager when i was looking for a unit with CRDi engine, they advice me to use Sea Oil diesel...ini import daw ito from Singapore at mas malinis compare to the local product...

So I guess, I don't need to patronized this new product from Petron...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Kung totoo ngang Euro IV eto then ok lang to gas up with this one because to be honest we are killing our CRDi slowly but surely with the crap they sell here...
    True. Ang dumi ng diesel dito. The major benefit from premium diesel should be that it is cleaner, and additives that will make up for lost lubricity with the lower sulfur content. Additives will not clean diesel. The diesel itself should be clean.

Don't be surprised by the price of premium diesel. It's even more expensive than regular unleaded in the states. The only question is, is the stuff they will be selling the same quality.

Shell has announced that it will be selling premium diesel as well. I wonder if anyone has used these premium products already.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post

Don't be surprised by the price of premium diesel. It's even more expensive than regular unleaded in the states. The only question is, is the stuff they will be selling the same quality.

I understand (from those I asked in the US), that the reason for the price of premium diesel is that, it is not mainstream. Meaning, most of the vehicles still use gasoline. Note also, that only selected gasoline stations in the US are selling diesel fuel....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremerider View Post
    According to CASA Sales manager when i was looking for a unit with CRDi engine, they advice me to use Sea Oil diesel...ini import daw ito from Singapore at mas malinis compare to the local product...

So I guess, I don't need to patronized this new product from Petron...
    Too bad in our area, there isn't a nearby SEA OIL station yet to open.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    I understand (from those I asked in the US), that the reason for the price of premium diesel is that, it is not mainstream. Meaning, most of the vehicles still use gasoline. Note also, that only selected gasoline stations in the US are selling diesel fuel....

Yup, mostly only some truckers and big pickups/suvs use premium diesel there. The regular diesel they have is clean enough already. I wouldn't be surprised if the premium diesel here is still more dirty than regular diesel there. I guess that could also be a reason why the local oil people price their premium diesel much higher. Only people using crdis would be using the premium stuff.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
New Petron Turbo Diesel Fuel [MERGED]