New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Hello my fellow tsikot...

any chemical engineer specializing in fuel or someone in the fuel industry here?

for example i have a 42L gas tank, a toyota Vios 2NZ-FE engine,

upon 2nd low fuel warning (fast blink) i fill up Shell VPower NitroPlus RON95 * 20L + Shell Fuel Save RON91 * remaining capacity lets say 19~20L to make it a full tank

both grade of fuel from same gas station...

now, what are the advantage and disadvantage of doing this?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Good at may nakapagtanong nito.

Ang labo kasi eh may mga fuel combi ako na sablay.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if i have to guess..
    knowing that "pure" gasoline is just a mixture of various hydrocarbons and additives, all of which conspire to give it a certain octane rating, mixing equal volumes of 95 octane fuel and 91 octane fuel, gives you 93 octane fuel...
    if this is correct, then the disadvantage is, you are doing it the hard way..
    i know some people who use 3 tankfuls of 91 octane, followed by 1 tankful of 95 octane. they say it cleans the engine..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Disadvantage:

Your ECU will need to re-learn the new mixture in your tank. The ECU monitors the sensors in your car's engine and exhaust.

It may take 1 minute, 1 hour, or 1 day.

Nothing harmful naman.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nivraarvin View Post
    Disadvantage:

Your ECU will need to re-learn the new mixture in your tank. The ECU monitors the sensors in your car's engine and exhaust.

It may take 1 minute, 1 hour, or 1 day.

Nothing harmful naman.
    numbers alone is good.

pero what about the chemical composition ng additives, kasi parang nun nagmix yung blaze at xtreme 97 ng seaoil dati, parang ang gaspang ng anadar ng kotse ko tipong hindi naman erratic ung rpm pero sa acceleration parang may time na oks may time na hindi at same rpm range.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As long as the RON of the final mixture is higher than the minimum required RON for the motor, no harm, no foul.

At worst, it'll run a bit differently as the timing gets pulled back (some modern engines take advantage of high RON fuel to advance spark timing, which makes more power), but there should be no issues at all.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post

numbers alone is good.

pero what about the chemical composition ng additives, kasi parang nun nagmix yung blaze at xtreme 97 ng seaoil dati, parang ang gaspang ng anadar ng kotse ko tipong hindi naman erratic ung rpm pero sa acceleration parang may time na oks may time na hindi at same rpm range.
    Yes. That's why sometimes it feels sluggish after 1 tank of Brand A, then pag mauubos na, you load up with 200php of Brand B.

Of course Brand A will be different from Brand B in terms of composition and the additives used.

That's why the ECU will need to adjust it self to the new mixture of fuel you have in your tank.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nivraarvin View Post
    Yes. That's why sometimes it feels sluggish after 1 tank of Brand A, then pag mauubos na, you load up with 200php of Brand B.

Of course Brand A will be different from Brand B in terms of composition and the additives used.

That's why the ECU will need to adjust it self to the new mixture of fuel you have in your tank.
    agree Sir, pero its like hindi pa din pantay ung hatak or power niya kahit naalog na at nahalo parang may certain CC na mababa ROn may certain CC na mataas ron.

i also agree on the post above by sir niky, it just got me thinking na baka sa additives ng different brand nagkakatalo.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    This sounds interesting since wala na RON93 ngayon

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jresperanza View Post
    This sounds interesting since wala na RON93 ngayon
    Petron Xtra is 93. My 2NZ is happier on Xtra than XCS.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast