New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Does anyone know if the LPG used in the Philippines is the same blend as the LPG used in homes. Some places primarily mix is propane and some that are primarily butane, and the more common, mixes including both propane (60%) and butane (40%).

Just curious for a project.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Does it matter? wouldn't the average octane be the same?

Propane injection ala devilsown? Going to bring LPG to the US market?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    No, Plenty of propane injection companies around, Many people use or controllers and pressure switches for DIY kits, I've put plenty on vehicles in my day. Works well but you have to watch the EGT's.

I might put a kit on my personal vehicle there since it last for like a month or two of pretty hard driving. The tanks there are the only really questionable item. Plus I rather have it be more propane than butane since that's what I am use to working with. We can make LPG injection systems for vehicles there pretty easily. But like the news said there are millions of unsafe tanks so it makes it pretty risky unless you have a new tank and know the source.

Use with the water injection using 100% water can make some good power.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not much I can tell you about the butane level. I can ask someone.

Tanks are safe. Greenfuel, which also partners with Ferman and the boys, sells toroidal replacement tanks (they fit in the spare tire well) for cheaper than other companies... but they're European... and safe.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

LPG in PR Propane to butane percentage?