New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just to summarize the recent events:

Toyota MR2 1991 Emissions:

Test INITIAL (damaged catalytic converter)
    With Khaos
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/gallery/show...cat/500/page/1

Test INITIAL (damaged catalytic converter)
    Without Khaos

Test FINAL (fixed catalytic converter)
    With Khaos * 15 mph
    Wthout Khaos * 25mph

EMISSIONS TEST RESULTS SUMMARY

INITIAL

(with khaos, damaged catalytic)

*15mph
    HC: 36 ppm
    CO: 0.34%
    NO: 979 ppm

*25mph
    HC: 24 ppm
    CO: 0.30%
    NO: 933 ppm

(without khaos, damaged catalytic)

* 15mph
    HC: 43 ppm
    CO: 0.31%
    NO: 835 ppm

* 25mph
    HC: 29 ppm
    CO: 0.29%
    NO: 801 ppm

FINAL

(fixed catalytic converter)
    * 15mph (with khaos)
    HC: 2 ppm
    CO: 0.01%
    NO: 752 ppm

(fixed catalytic converter)
    * 25 mph (without khaos)
    HC: 1 ppm
    CO: 0.00%
    NO: 68 ppm

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    oh yeah, sir gonzaldp, could you also post the test results of your car last year, before you put khaos?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    como sentido lng mga bro na bakit ang mga hapon, kano at aleman na sobrang dunong na eh di nila naisip yang Khaos, akala ng iba na makaktipid sila sa gas, di nila alam epekto nito sa engine nila, eh di warak. sus ginuo!

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    ano na nangyari dito? diba ngayon yung open forum?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dunno... i didn't go today.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here's something found on the Khaos sales brochure I picked up at the KHAOS*METROWALK event. (its also found in the khaos' FAQ page)

Has KSTC been tested abroad?

Ans. Yes. KSTC has been tested by reputable authorities abroad. These include Vipac Engineers & Scientists Ltd., Approved Research Organization ( Melbourne , Australia ) which tested KSTC in accordance with ADR 79/01 & ADR 81/01; and Automotive Research and Testing Center ( Taiwan ) which followed Taiwan EPA regulations. All tests showed substantial fuel savings and big drops in carbon monoxide and hydrocarbon levels when KSTC was used.

I don't know about the Australian test results but here's my take on their Taiwan test claim.

-----------------

From a document released by Ford Motor Company in July 27, 2001 titled: Vehicle Emissions Standard Around the Globe, written by Nancy L. Homeister...

... In the Aisia-Pacific region, Taiwan stands out as one of the few countries which require US-based emissions standards. Countries such as Australia, and Hong Kong, which currently allow either US or EU based compliance are moving to EU-only.

-----------------

The Taiwan ARTC (Automotive Research & Testing Center) test results for KSTC was dated on July 14, 2004.

To summarize the test results:

ARTC Results:
    CO: 7.85 grams/km
    NMHC: 1.076 grams/km
    NOx: 3.04 grams/km

And then compare those with these numbers....

US Federal Certification Exhaust Emissions Standards
    February 2000
    (maximum allowed values)
    CO: 2.11 grams/km
    NMHC: 0.211 grams/km
    NOx: 0.62 grams/km

I can conclude that the KSTC failed the Taiwan emissions tests.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 26th, 2005 at 09:09 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Has KSTC been tested abroad?

Ans. Yes. KSTC has been tested by reputable authorities abroad. These include Vipac Engineers & Scientists Ltd., Approved Research Organization ( Melbourne , Australia ) which tested KSTC in accordance with ADR 79/01 & ADR 81/01; and Automotive Research and Testing Center ( Taiwan ) which followed Taiwan EPA regulations. All tests showed substantial fuel savings and big drops in carbon monoxide and hydrocarbon levels when KSTC was used.
    I kinda did a double take on the wordings (above) used by Inventionhaus. Please note the words in red. How does an emissions test done ONCE conclude big drops in CO and HC emissions levels. At the same time, how did that test show fuel savings at all?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    oh yeah, sir gonzaldp, could you also post the test results of your car last year, before you put khaos?
    Pinaghanap ka ko... (Ang lagay eh...nakukuha siguro sa tsikot sticker yan) Pero seriously Sir Nugundam, we are talking about a piece of paper that was generated late 2003. I did an exhaustive search of the glove compartment and the trunk pero no luck eh. If I do happen to find it, I will certainly be more than happy to post it.

I also email Gov. Arnold to verify his "alleged" meeting with Mr. Planas. Pag nag-respond post ko din dito.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzaldp
    I also email Gov. Arnold to verify his "alleged" meeting with Mr. Planas. Pag nag-respond post ko din dito.
    I guess Arnie told Planas, "I'll be back!"

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    sir gonzaldp, thanks bro. hehehe...sana nga arnie would respond. :D

Khaos - Emission Test Results, Conclusion....I hope!!