New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Ano say niyo po? I really can't seem to get myself straight on how to fully economize fuel. Mas mababang rev? or teka...how about shifting to a higher gear at most.Just like, everytime it reaches 1.5k rev shift to a higher gear advisable ba ito? or mahihirapan lang ang makina? Nalilito ako! I even went to the extent of measuring the distances I'm travelling. :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First off, drive as if you're stepping on an egg. wag mo i-floor as much as possible. Also, dpag long drive, refrain from using the brakes. mag menor-menor ka lang. You also have to know your engine's toque peak. IMO, shifting at the torque peak is best, since you dont get much "pull" afterwards. But of course, if your peak torque comes at 6000rpm, medyo masyadong mataas

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    correct!
    ganyan din ang practice ko
    kaya nga madaming basag na itlog sa pedals ko eh

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    Avoid the Feel of need...the need for speed.

Use the force...este momentum Luke.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmmm...me nag advise din sa akin to shift to higher gears as soon as possible, para di masyado loaded ung engine...also keeps your engine temp down too. Ewan ko lang kung me negative effect sa clutch(plate) mo if you shift too often or too soon

6. FrankDrebin Guest
    Also, if you can, avoid using your vehicle in the high noon or if the weather is very hot.

I observed this one.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Iwas traffic.

How?

Pag papunta akong North, umaalis ako sa amin ng mga lunch time, walang gaanong sasakyan. Same if going to Binondo, nakukuha ko in about 25 mins from Proj7.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice thread
    nice suggestions guys
    tamang tama dahil tumataas na namana ng presyo ng kurudo!

in addition
    keep you car in tip top condition.
    refrain stop ang go attitude.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Nakatipid ako nung di ko gamit ride ko hehehehehe............

Joking aside ....there are a lot of factors that contribute to fuel economy. Nandyan na yung oil, tires, cooling system (turning the aircon off saves a lot of fuel :-) ). So, the best way to economize fuel is to be sure that your ride is well maintained :-)

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thanks guys!!! hehe, I agree the turning the aircon off saves a lot of fuel!

PK, how do you find out the peak torque of your ride?

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
fuel economizing driving technique?