New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Are there hybrids in the philippines? Are there brand new hybrids being sold?

Where did he get this Prius? http://www.motioncars.com/views/edit...09.05.2007.htm

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hi. To answer your question, hybrids aren't commercially available here, yet.

Last friday, a toyota prius (a black one) was on display infront of the UP bahay ng alumni. The attendants were willing enough to let me sit in the driver's position for a little while (no test drive, of course).

they said that there are only 4 Priuses in the country - 3 are operated by toyota, and our president has one.

Sobrang mahal raw kasi, but they hinted that it might enter the philippine market someday.

About the car... The central energy display meter was fun for a while, and the long dashboard reminds me of the current generation civic.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    meron ung camry na hybrid. nakita ko sa ayala

may badge na nakalagay na snergy drive

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by drag_addict View Post
    meron ung camry na hybrid. nakita ko sa ayala

may badge na nakalagay na snergy drive
    I forgot about that.

By the way, I think there's a hybrid civic in the country as well.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    My sister owns a camry hybrid. I think she purchased it on one of the shops sa may GMA 7 area? Me, I had to settle for the 08 V6 Accord.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    Hi. To answer your question, hybrids aren't commercially available here, yet.

Last friday, a toyota prius (a black one) was on display infront of the UP bahay ng alumni. The attendants were willing enough to let me sit in the driver's position for a little while (no test drive, of course).

they said that there are only 4 Priuses in the country - 3 are operated by toyota, and our president has one.

Sobrang mahal raw kasi, but they hinted that it might enter the philippine market someday.

About the car... The central energy display meter was fun for a while, and the long dashboard reminds me of the current generation civic.
    Nakasabay ko yata ang 1 of those prius mula Sta. Exit northbound sa SLEX.

Ang laki ng "Prius" sa gilid ng car.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    One thing hot with hybrid owners is the addition of a solar panel on the roof. Imagine driving in stop and go traffic (the hybrid's worst nightmare) and having that solar panel to recharge the batteries so you can just use the electric motor.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    if hybrids are not given a tax break, it will not find enough commercial demand for it. To expect fuel prices to eventually go up so much to make hybrids attractive is asking for the moon. By that time, fuel prices will be so high that people will not want to use their cars that much anymore, can't afford the fuel prices.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    whats the price range of these hybrids? lampas Php5M?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by marv25 View Post
    whats the price range of these hybrids? lampas Php5M?
    Not really. A Prius gives you Corolla performance at the price of a high-end Camry.

At the moment, the only reason to buy a hybrid is to protect the environment. The fuel benefits you gain over a conventional gasoline car will be offset by the heftier premium. It will take several years for you to recover the much higher price. Plus, reliability and maintenance costs are yet to be known. There's simply a need to find cheaper ways of producing hybrids to help in the true campaign of this technology.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hybrids in the Philippines?