New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Guys, I drive a Hyundai i10 1.2 AT. And I was wondering if you could give me some tips on how to drive efficiently using an automatic transmission car?

First AT owner kse.

Thanks a lot!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    IMO, magaan na paa pa rin ang sagot.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Makakatulong ba ung pag lagay nang gear sa nuetral if malapit na sa stoplight? -- saw from some forums.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lm723 View Post
    Guys, I drive a Hyundai i10 1.2 AT. And I was wondering if you could give me some tips on how to drive efficiently using an automatic transmission car?

First AT owner kse.

Thanks a lot!
    SMooth and slow movements of the accelerator pedal. Don't floor it.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lm723 View Post
    Makakatulong ba ung pag lagay nang gear sa nuetral if malapit na sa stoplight? -- saw from some forums.
    ..and put the handbrake up otherwise you might roll up/down hill :D

But you should really put it in P when you're stationary!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    P is used when parking.. kung stoplight lang.. just put it in N.

Quote Originally Posted by mazzipino View Post
    ..and put the handbrake up otherwise you might roll up/down hill :D

But you should really put it in P when you're stationary!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    +1 but plus handbrake

anticipate your next braking point to avoid over acceleration.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    huwag masyado magmadali sa daan... 5-10 minutes late lang naman ang diff. mo sa mga mabibilis magpatakbo pagdating sa pupuntahan... relax ka pa at dami nakikitang bebots hehehe

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Always keep it in D (Drive Mode) all the time... unless you are negotiating a steep gradient.

Dont use D when going uphills... put it in Low 2 or 1 if need be... this will lock you gears at the lower gear numbers and will be a much lighter load for your engine - meaning... lesser fuel consumption and lesser effort on the pedal.

Keeping it in D at uphill driving will force your engine to rev more and keeping the torque converter to work more also... of course it will shift automatically but the slightest pressure detected that can make your ECU decide to put it back to D will immediately put added unnecessary fuel into the cylinders.

With an AT tranny - you cannot Hypermile... dont put it in Neutral when you are already in high speed... this will shorten the life of your AT tranny. The only time you need to put it in Neutral is when you are stopping temporarily in traffic.

Also dont rev hard and make your tyres screem by putting the shifter immediately to drive. If you like to hear some tyres screeming... put it in drive mode first before you step on the gas pedal gradually but heavily. Never the other way around if you want your tranny to live longer.

Basically... a light foot will always save fuel.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Tamang acceleration para sa normal driving at Weight reduction .Tagalin lahat ng mga mabibigat na bagay na hindi kailangan sa sasakyan .

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
How to drive efficiently an automatic transmission car?