New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Clean but expensive, or dirty but cheap?

This news article from "Malaya" newspaper (Shipping Section, Dec. 29, 2008) confirms that we've got the dirtiest of them all in the Southeast Asian region.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The only thing that would keep these gas companies to toe the line in producing clean diesels is by legislation.

But I really doubt our Congress with full of "honorable gentlemen" can keep off the lobby this companies would
    put forth. These people, through track record, cannot resists...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I agree kasi just yesterday im talking to one pinoy na kadadating lang dito nag taka siya kasi yung truck ko is 49K na ang reading but no smoke at all but rev it to the redline me smoke but still not full black malabo ang smoke and very little. Siya daw ka bibili nya palang nag truck nya me usok na, come to think of it even my old truck's diyan sa atin talagang me usok konti man o malala. Dito very minimal ang diesel na ma usok kasi madaming type nag diesel dito we pure diesel, 3% bio, 5% bio, low quality diesel at special diesel yun nga lang mas mahal kesa sa unleaded.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I've read that to further refine our diesel from 500 ppm to 50 ppm sulfur content would entail more costs thus diesel could be priced higher than gasoline just like in Europe where diesel has a higher price than gasoline.

But our environment would have less pollution.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    IMO our refineries here are still using the old school diesel engine as their basis meaning pwede na yan, pwede na 'to. that's why personally, shifting to more delicate common rails type might not be a better option.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so has the anti-smoke belching campaigns where the MMDA and other enforcement agencies has been screwing with us because the real culprit of the smoky exhausts is the dirty diesel we get from the fuel pumps?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    For industries in the Philippines, DENR wants to penalize them for excess sulfur emitted from their smokestacks, among other things. What can these factories do when the emitted sulfur is due to the kind of diesel or bunker fuel that is being supplied? Same with diesel used by vehicles. But that doesn't mean that our cars will fail smoke emission tests because of our lousy fuel. That's why passing grades are kept high, 2.5 levels for diesel. At 2.5 levels, smoke from your exhaust pipe is visible to the naked eye. That's the kind of level that our government allows.

Its not limited to diesel. Even our gasoline fuel, including our bunker fuel being used by industries, our standards are several notches below that of other countries.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... the problem really is the price... if we were to go to Euro IV standards, our diesel would cost much more than gasoline. Euro IV diesel standards make diesel cost more than gasoline in all other markets. If we went in that direction, pumps for PUVs would have to have a separate source of diesel, or the transport groups would scream bloody murder.

That's why our government isn't keen to "regulate" this... you can't avoid the fact that extra refining costs extra money.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Well... the problem really is the price... if we were to go to Euro IV standards, our diesel would cost much more than gasoline. Euro IV diesel standards make diesel cost more than gasoline in all other markets. If we went in that direction, pumps for PUVs would have to have a separate source of diesel, or the transport groups would scream bloody murder.

That's why our government isn't keen to "regulate" this... you can't avoid the fact that extra refining costs extra money.
    Tama ka bro kasi same dito mas mahal ang diesel but the thing is regulated nag government ang price the deisel is 23 baht per liter.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Tama ka bro kasi same dito mas mahal ang diesel but the thing is regulated nag government ang price the deisel is 23 baht per liter yan na yung special like shell V-power so the regular deisel is much more cheaper.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
How Do We Pinoys Like Our Diesel?