New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hi guys, I have received an email regarding a mass action on how to lower the cost of fuel, maybe some of you have as well... it is really long so I will just give you a summary...

it involves staging a price war between 2 of the 3 big oil companies shell, caltex and petron... the idea is to buy from just 1 of these 3, the email suggested petron... this will, as the post say, ultimately force the 2 companies into a price war lowering their price... result will bring the price down to P30/L...

sakit na talaga sa bulsa ang gas price ngayon... satingin nyo kaya gagana to dito satin...

mods kung mali ang post paki correct nalang...

happy weekend mga tsikoteers...

[SIZE=1]... if you like to read the whole mail sabihin nyo lang... mas magaling sakin mag ingles baka mas matuwa kayo... haba lang kasi kaya iniklian ko nalang
    [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    That will never happen, its economics and there is no reason to do a price war. Ang liit ng market ng pilipinas, at bakit nila gagawin yan , taga petron ka ba?

I think the best way to save on gas will be to car pool and to keep your car in top shape.

Siguro if they can find a way to better process our sugar into ethanol puede pa mag switch ang consumer. Pero mag price war ang gasolina laban sa gasolina malabo, parang magbaba ng price ng coke o pepsi ang isang sari sari store eh susunod kaya ang kabilang tindahan sa kabilang street.

Puede mangyari electric drive vs ice drive vs compressed air drive.

Puede rin siguro kung makausap mo si hugo chavez ng venezuela na mag subsidize
    ng fuel sa pilipinas. Maganda siguro kung mag signature campaign kayo to invite russian and venezuelan oil co. to invest in the philippines.

Ang pinaka madali mag smuggle ng fuel from indonesia kasi malapit lang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I remember correctly, there was an almost similar email w/c circulated months back about boycotting 1 or 2 oil companies to dramatize the plight of consumers for lower pump prices of gasoline. I have no idea if this action worked (I personally think it didnt). But the fact is, the price of oil per barrel is at an all-time high. Unless the govt subsidizes the fuel prices (like in Malaysia, where there wasnt a gas price adjustment for 1 year), market forces will be a major factor to determine fuel prices. I think what we can do instead is probably find ways to save fuel. We should demand that the govt improve the road quality and find ways to relieve traffic congestion as part of a program to save fuel. My 2c :D

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Matagal na yang suggestion na yan circulating sa email. First time I got that was way back in early 2006 when we were still deciding on our next 'fuel efficient' car.

Even in theory it ain't feasible, plus they forgot to include other factors like proximity, availability, population density per area/region etc.

Not plausible by a mile.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SEARCH BEFORE POSTING... Thread closed

How to bring fuel prices down