New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you are all wrong. you are all justifying your actions because the gasoline station don't mind? what kind of reasoning is that? so is it ok to beat the red light if the traffic enforcers are not there? is it ok also to throw garbage around cause nobody will tell you not to?

point 1, discounted diesel is cheaper because the oil companies pay less tax on it. when you fill up on the discounted lanes, you are taking advantage of a privilege that you are not entitled to. that privilege is for the jeepney driver AND his passengers who do not ride in airconditioned vehicles as you do. it is not for you. if you want to enjoy that privilege then i suggest you commute.

point 2, since you are not paying the right amount of tax on your fuel, then you are cheating the filipino people. and then we wonder why there are not enough school rooms! taken for granted that most of it is lost in corruption, THAT CORRUPTION DOES NOT HAVE TO START WITH YOU.

tama yung jeepney driver, makapal nga.
    Last edited by yebo; February 7th, 2008 at 11:40 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with yebo.

para sa gas station, sales pa rin kasi kaya they do not mind.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by denier13 View Post
    ... then I heared a jeepney driver commented that ang kapal daw namin ...
    sana sinabihan mo rin ng "ang kapal nyo ring magbalasubas sa kalye noh!" ... but that is only as retaliation to what he said

on topic, it may not be illegal but definitely unethical ... naiisip ko rin gawin yan kaso nagingibabaw yung hiya ko

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    besides if you want cheaper fuel then why not go to jetti oil and seaoil. they sell ALL their fuels at a lower price than the big 3. perfectly legal, at walang sisigaw sa iyo na makapal ka kasi para sa lahat talaga dun.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes very unethical. have to agree with yebo. common sense, why do you think they call it 'PUV lane'.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    you are all wrong. you are all justifying your actions because the gasoline station don't mind? what kind of reasoning is that? so is it ok to beat the red light if the traffic enforcers are not there? is it ok also to throw garbage around cause nobody will tell you not to?

point 1, discounted diesel is cheaper because the oil companies pay less tax on it. when you fill up on the discounted lanes, you are taking advantage of a privilege that you are not entitled to. that privilege is for the jeepney driver AND his passengers who do not ride in airconditioned vehicles as you do. it is not for you. if you want to enjoy that privilege then i suggest you commute.

point 2, since you are not paying the right amount of tax on your fuel, then you are cheating the filipino people. and then we wonder why there are not enough school rooms! taken for granted that most of it is lost in corruption, THAT CORRUPTION DOES NOT HAVE TO START WITH YOU.

Unfortunately for a lot of Pinoys the answer to these two questions is yes. Otherwise traffic wouldn't be as bad as it is and there wouldn't be so much trash everywhere.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Haven't done it. It is my intention not to....

5303:burp:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    fact: due to stiff competition, gas companies in fairview quezon city decided that they will offer discounted PUV diesel to the public as well. no distinction whether public or private vehicle, they all get the discounted rates.

question: are the owners/patrons of these gas stations all unethical? should we sneer at them for being makapal?

thinking aloud lang po, no offense meant sa mga tiga-fairview. peace.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    if these gas stations can allow private vehicles to gas up on so-called PUV/J lanes, then pwede pala sila magbenta sa ganun halaga ng fuel? bakit hindi na lang kaya nila ibaba ang presyo? para pare-pareho na ...marami na rin customers yun--PUVs and diesel-run private vehicles!

there's a gas station i know that has a taxi lane--unleaded gasoline. about P0.80 ang difference sa price ng unleaded for supposedly private/other vehicles. that station would allow private vehicles to gas up at that taxi lane. . .so, kaya nila magbenta at that price?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post

+1 on this.

Plus AFAIK, it is the regular customers (private vehicles) who "subsidize" these discounted lanes in the end.

If these discounted lanes are closed down due to the abuse made by private vehicle owners, I hope you can explain to FEJODAP / PISTON / etc. why their meager income will be further reduced because of this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Gassing up on PUJ discounted diesel!