New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I was about to buy gas before going home, buti na lang nag AM radio ako sa traffic kanina at nabalitaan ko nga na bababa nga ang gas. :D YEHEY!

Kaso konti na lang ay iilaw na ang fuel warning light ko.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Rollback 1 petot. Tapos increase 4 petot or more...sheesh...

But yeah its a relief. Naaawa na rin ako sa magulang ko pagpapakarga ng gasolina for my siblings.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    some good news...

Gasoline prices go down by P1 per liter
    By Abigail L. Ho
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 20:01:00 07/09/2008

MANILA, Philippines -- While the rise in world oil prices shows no sign of letting up, motorists can still heave a sigh of relief as oil firms Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corp. and Flying V decided to reduce the prices of their gasoline products by P1 a liter.

The rollback takes effect at 12:01 a.m. Thursday.

In a telephone interview on Wednesday, Flying V chair and chief executive Ramon Villavicencio said the oil firm had a "comfortable" enough margin from gasoline, enabling it to pass on some relief to motorists using gasoline-fed vehicles.

The same could not be said for diesel, however, as the company still had around P6 a liter worth of under-recoveries to recoup, he said.

"I think it will be better to recover (these under-recoveries) in one blow, because then we can focus our attention on gasoline and provide some relief for those using that fuel," he said.

"The focus has always been on diesel because that’s what most of the public transport sector uses. But some consideration needs to be given to gasoline users as well. We always seem to forget the private car owners, some of whom have already given up the use of their cars in favor of public transport due to the high cost of fuel," he added.

If the diesel under-recoveries of P6 a liter could be recouped at one time via a corresponding P6-a-liter increase at the pump, then motorists could expect no more diesel price hikes for the rest of July, he said.

"But I hope international prices don’t go up too much in the coming weeks. If that happens, we have no way of assuring that pump prices won’t go up in August," he said.

"I really don’t want to make projections, so I can only speak of what’s happening now. What I can say is that diesel prices are still very high now, so we can’t give any rollbacks at this time," he added.

According to data from the Department of Energy, the regional benchmark Dubai crude surged to a July average of $138.48 a barrel from $127.82 a barrel last June.

The price of unleaded gasoline based on the Mean of Platts Singapore (MOPS) benchmark for refined petroleum products jumped to an average of $145.68 a barrel in the July 1-9 period from $140.30 a barrel in June.

MOPS-based diesel skyrocketed to an average of $178.19 a barrel in the first nine days of the month from the June average of $169.36 a barrel.

Since the start of 2008, gasoline, diesel and kerosene prices have risen 18 times for a total of P18 a liter for gasoline and P19.50 a liter for diesel and kerosene.

Prices of premium unleaded gasoline are now between P58.75 and P60.98 a liter, diesel between P53 and P54.97, and kerosene between P57.10 and P60.30 a liter, inclusive of the 12-percent value-added tax.

Gasoline prices already included the P1-a-liter reduction.

==========

tanong ko lang: in the long run, is it wiser to buy gasoline-based vehicles rather than diesel-based vehicles, considering that there's a chance na halos magpapantay na ang presyo nila dito sa atin?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Bumaba nga ba?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Had the full-tank last night before I heard the news on the radio....

Tapos, sobra pa ang traffic dito sa Sucat dahil may nagmagandang loob na traffic policeman na ino-override ang traffic light dito sa may BF Paranaque/Jolibee intersection....

Tough luck!

6404:pump:

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Hay buhay...... double-post na naman.... Kailan kaya ito mawawala?

Tough luck talaga!

6404:pump:
    Last edited by CVT; July 10th, 2008 at 07:50 AM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes confirmed bumaba with my own eyes, yung Xtra Unleaded sa Petron P59.60 na lang to yesterday's P60.60... Curiously not everyone rollbacked. Caltex ganun pa din kaya ayun walang nagpapagas sa kanila lahat nasa Petron and Shell...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    My own eyes too hehe

Petron Araneta Ave QC -- P59.47 unleaded

Cityoil Araneta Ave QC -- P59.10 unleaded

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa isang full tank ~50 liters, you get to save ~50 pesos. wala pang isang litro ang dagdag! hehe. yes it's a good thing but don't fret too much if hindi mo nahintay. one time ka lang naman malulugi ng ganun. kung mga 10 pesos rollback at nagpagas ka ng 11:58 pm, siguro mapapasuicide ka na nun. hahaha

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Kumarga ako ng gas kanina, sa Caltex Sta. Rosa sa may WM, bumalik na sa 59.53 per liter. Almost 39 liters din ang kinarga ko.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Gasoline Prices Go Down by P1/Liter