New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: how much gasoline price can you still afford?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • P60+++

14 27.45%
  • P70+++

8 15.69%
  • P80+++

4 7.84%
  • P90+++

1 1.96%
  • P100+++

10 19.61%
  • I will just stay under a rock for the rest of my life

6 11.76%
  • I don't use gasoline anymore.

8 15.69%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tringgerman View Post
    long ago, when I bought L300 for biz use. nakita ko na ang disadavantages of maintaining a vehicle for biz use. nandun na yun depreciation cost na usually napapadali bec. yun driver eh hindi naman kanya yun vehicle. nandun yun risk na mabangga/makabangga and therefore, a liability. and of course, maintenance and fuel costs. so since 2k5, unti-unti ko sinara yun business ko na highly-dependent on transpo. I did get so much flak from my dad kasi anu na naman daw ginawa ko. I ruined a perfectly running biz. I just ignored him and I silently studied about VPN's, IP calls, blogs, and yun mga padala and door to door deliveries as well as couriers and stuff. now i'm talking with some friends in the telecoms sector just to determine kung ano ang trend ng mobile when it comes to ads and reaching people. now I maybe at 50% on my research na.

ngaun tinamaan na tayo ng rising fuel costs, yun mga stand-alone walk-in business ko ang ginawa ko instead na magtaas ng presyo lalo ko binagsak. so ngaun may cashflow pa din ako and I'm getting a big percentage of the market bec. i'm doing them a favor eh, hindi ako nakikipagsabayan sa inflation. in terms of efficiency, I have computerized most of shop's operations kaya hindi gano pressured ang mga tauhan. (I am a programmer by college profession)
    in fact, I receive about 4 sales reports in a day via text/email from my people. ganun ka-efficient ang sistema ginawa ko. in fact, bec. of extra effort, may interested parties na nag-offer to buy my systems. ngaun hindi ko alam kung pano nila nalaman yun kasi internal ko yun, well, i guess talaga hindi maiiwasan ang insiders in the person of my employees. can't trust them a 100%.

i believe the new economy will still run by a highway pero yun nga lang the information superhighway. bec. the new generation ngaun eh internet/mobile generation. they will be your target market today and in the coming future. yun iba kasing tanda ko ma-pride kasi, feeling nila sila susundin ng kabataan sa mga iimbentuhin nila. but what I did is to go" back to school" and study the younger generation, their wants and desires. kahit mas hirap ako umintindi ng technology compared to them, sila ngaun ang pilit na ina-idol ko. as a result, my present biz is highly dependent them, I still get 100-150 customers per day walk-in. and bec. of these experiences, I now see future prospect businesses na hindi nakikita ng ilan sa'tin. and the only thing that's holding me back is time. not inflation, not rising fuel prices.
    OB is that you? - OT

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup. OB's back.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Mejo OT ha...

If, or when, human civilization plunges into total chaos, the guy with a sack of rice will live longer than the guy with a fancy laptop but no food.

We urban dwellers really take things for granted.

We think we will always have food to buy in the market or grocery...

The modern food supply system is very fragile.

Like we all depend on some people to grow rice.

When those people who grow rice decide not to grow rice, or they don't grow enough rice... the food supply system gets shocked.

Magkano bigas ngayon? See?

Years and years of reliance on imported rice has made us complacent... thinking that there will always be rice to buy from other countries.

Now other countries are hoarding rice for their own food security.

On the other hand, computers and computer parts are dirt cheap.

Magkano mag assemble ng isang PC ngayon? See?

The whole world is freaking upside down.

People think the future is digital. So everyone goes digital.

Hey! who's gonna grow the food?

--------------

World population is growing fast, while food and energy production isnt.

Bottomline ko: the future is food and energy.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kaya nga the world is flawed. Bankers and engineers make a lot of money, farmers should make more cause their products are more vital...

OT: Kaya nga I am invested in agriculture commodities and agriculture funds and I have a small farm and I give the farmers 50% profit sharing so they will treat the farm their own. One day agricultural commodities will rise because people would rather be in technology or finance rather than agriculture cause agriculture has no money and when the food supply drops KABOOM. If I am right (I can be wrong, I have made many mistake too) then I am going to be a rich man. And that is a BIG IF

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako I doubt that it will hit that P100 mark. Baka P70 nga lang mahirapan na because of the supply and demand rule.

Ngayon pa lang people are trying to look for ways to cut down consumption like buying more fuel efficient cars not to mention the scooters that can run P500 a week. Research on alternative fuels are also being done. Malamang pag tumaas pa yan kaunti na ang magiging demand (yes its still a basic need pero kahit papaano mababawasan ang demand, IMO).

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    My employer is the one paying for 100% of my gasoline expenses, a few weeks ago, we had requested our fleet manager to increase our budget since they gave us a certain amount we can use for gasoline expenses, rather than giving us a fixed number of liters.

On the question of how much i can afford, i consider myself lucky because i don't have to spend a single centavo for the gasoline i am using, but the question will be, how much the company could still afford to maintain a lot of 1.3L cars, quite big number of camry's and accords, and a few euro cars.

Still, the company can still afford our gasoline requirements but, the effect will be on the products we have. i am sure that prices will increase to cover the additional expenses, not only in gasoline expense but on other expenses as well.

Last edited by Sarsi; June 17th, 2008 at 08:06 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post
    My employer is the one paying for 100% of my gasoline expenses, a few weeks ago, we had requested our fleet manager to increase our budget since they gave us a certain amount we can use for gasoline expenses, rather than giving us a fixed number of liters.

On the question of how much i can afford, i consider myself lucky because i don't have to spend a single centavo for the gasoline i am using, but the question will be, how much the company could still afford to maintain a lot of 1.3L cars, quite big number of camry's and accords, and a few euro cars.

Still, the company can still afford our gasoline requirements but, the effect will be on the products we have. i am sure that prices will increase to cover the additional expenses, not only in gasoline expense but on other expenses as well.
    Even if your employer is paying 100% of your gasoline bills, it still has to come from somewhere and it would quickly find it's way to your company's expense overhead and start eating into your company's overall profitability. And if your company doesn't profit, the reason for it to exist will disappear.

Ever given the idea to convert your vehicles to auto-LPG to save on the cost of fuel? The 45% savings in fuel cost is a big incentive, especially for companies with a big car fleet on it's expense account. If not, you might want to suggest it to your bosses to study.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Ako I doubt that it will hit that P100 mark. Baka P70 nga lang mahirapan na because of the supply and demand rule.
    Oh it will, not just in the a year or two... Five years from now kaya yan since paper money is always being inflated anyway nothing is impossible price-wise. But you'e right supply/demand fundamentals at current time do not support P100/L...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    We cannot control the price of fuel that way since the world oil price will always be the basis how much a liter of gasoline or diesel will cost.

Ngayon pa lang people are trying to look for ways to cut down consumption like buying more fuel efficient cars not to mention the scooters that can run P500 a week. Research on alternative fuels are also being done. Malamang pag tumaas pa yan kaunti na ang magiging demand (yes its still a basic need pero kahit papaano mababawasan ang demand, IMO).
    Right now at the price of P57/L gasoline, we should already be expecting a drop in the road traffic in the metro. Yet I still see nearly the same traffic on a daily basis. This is already almost twice the price of gasoline three short years back.

Alternative fuels currently being researched now will not be in the market until at least a decade. Whatever alternative fuels will ease the price of oil, it is what is already available now.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post

meron ako kilala sales rep sa isang multinational pharma...

company car, libre gas...

di lang gas... libre gamot... libre this, libre that... dami benefits...

kaya pala overpriced mga products ng company na yan...

I will never buy products made by that company even if it kills me...

Maiinis lang ako coz nakikita ko kung saan napupunta ang pera na kinikita nila.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Gas price: how much can you still afford?