New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: how much gasoline price can you still afford?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • P60+++

14 27.45%
  • P70+++

8 15.69%
  • P80+++

4 7.84%
  • P90+++

1 1.96%
  • P100+++

10 19.61%
  • I will just stay under a rock for the rest of my life

6 11.76%
  • I don't use gasoline anymore.

8 15.69%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    sinasanay ko unti unti maxima ko to E10.. CA20S carb engine.1989 model

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Fortunately for me I live here in the province and practically everything is just a stones throw away so I don't consume as much gasoline as the folks in other, bigger places.

So far so good.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    siguro kahit 200 yan may bibili pa rin nyan o kakayanin ko pa rin. wala naman tayo magagawa.. ang mahirap dyan mga bro, may pera ka nga pero wala kang mabiling gas... yun ans patay.. so stop lahat ng negosyo..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    You guys keep saying that we have no choice because our business needs it, ang tanong how long will your business survive with high prices? Even if your business can cope, can your customers? If your customers starts cutting back or stop buying then yan paktay.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hmmmm.... hmmmm.... hmmmm...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tringgerman View Post
    long ago, when I bought L300 for biz use. nakita ko na ang disadavantages of maintaining a vehicle for biz use. nandun na yun depreciation cost na usually napapadali bec. yun driver eh hindi naman kanya yun vehicle. nandun yun risk na mabangga/makabangga and therefore, a liability. and of course, maintenance and fuel costs. so since 2k5, unti-unti ko sinara yun business ko na highly-dependent on transpo. I did get so much flak from my dad kasi anu na naman daw ginawa ko. I ruined a perfectly running biz. I just ignored him and I silently studied about VPN's, IP calls, blogs, and yun mga padala and door to door deliveries as well as couriers and stuff. now i'm talking with some friends in the telecoms sector just to determine kung ano ang trend ng mobile when it comes to ads and reaching people. now I maybe at 50% on my research na.

ngaun tinamaan na tayo ng rising fuel costs, yun mga stand-alone walk-in business ko ang ginawa ko instead na magtaas ng presyo lalo ko binagsak. so ngaun may cashflow pa din ako and I'm getting a big percentage of the market bec. i'm doing them a favor eh, hindi ako nakikipagsabayan sa inflation. in terms of efficiency, I have computerized most of shop's operations kaya hindi gano pressured ang mga tauhan. (I am a programmer by college profession)
    in fact, I receive about 4 sales reports in a day via text/email from my people. ganun ka-efficient ang sistema ginawa ko. in fact, bec. of extra effort, may interested parties na nag-offer to buy my systems. ngaun hindi ko alam kung pano nila nalaman yun kasi internal ko yun, well, i guess talaga hindi maiiwasan ang insiders in the person of my employees. can't trust them a 100%.

i believe the new economy will still run by a highway pero yun nga lang the information superhighway. bec. the new generation ngaun eh internet/mobile generation. they will be your target market today and in the coming future. yun iba kasing tanda ko ma-pride kasi, feeling nila sila susundin ng kabataan sa mga iimbentuhin nila. but what I did is to go" back to school" and study the younger generation, their wants and desires. kahit mas hirap ako umintindi ng technology compared to them, sila ngaun ang pilit na ina-idol ko. as a result, my present biz is highly dependent them, I still get 100-150 customers per day walk-in. and bec. of these experiences, I now see future prospect businesses na hindi nakikita ng ilan sa'tin. and the only thing that's holding me back is time. not inflation, not rising fuel prices.
    what kind of business are you talking about?

kung business use, no choice, iincorporate mo sa maintenance na somewhat papasa mo sa selling price of what your selling.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kung may tindahan ka, kahit di ka mag deliver coz walk-in clients mo, kelangan parin i-deliver sayo ang paninda mo... so ung cost of delivery is shouldered by the supplier. And the supplier can raise his prices to cover delivery cost.

So kahit hindi ka gumagastos sa fuel for delivery, indirectly, tinatamaan ka parin ng fuel cost.

----------------------------

the "new" economy maybe completely digital but as long as human beings still need to sustain and maintain their physical bodies, then there will still be large parts of the economy that will remain primitive.

Food still has to be grown/caught/produced and delivered to market.

There's a study that says in modern cities, food supplies will run out in less that a week if fresh supplies are not delivered.

We take things for granted. Just imagine if there's nothing to buy in the wet market. Nothing to buy in the supermarket. Restaurants have no food coz they can't buy raw materials...

there's gonna be chaos.

So even if u have the most high tech computer hardware and software, and fastest broadband internet, it's totally useless if u don't have anything to eat.

Food production and delivery is extremely fuel intensive. That's how important fuel is to the world economy.
    Last edited by uls; June 16th, 2008 at 04:13 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    naku sobra naman ata yung 100 pesos/L sa gas... magbbike or commute forever nalang ako! wahaha!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    kung may tindahan ka, kahit di ka mag deliver coz walk-in clients mo, kelangan parin i-deliver sayo ang paninda mo... so ung cost of delivery is shouldered by the supplier. And the supplier can raise his prices to cover delivery cost.

So kahit hindi ka gumagastos sa fuel for delivery, indirectly, tinatamaan ka parin ng fuel cost.

----------------------------

the "new" economy maybe completely digital but as long as human beings still need to sustain and maintain their physical bodies, then there will still be large parts of the economy that will remain primitive.

Food still has to be grown/caught/produced and delivered to market.

There's a study that says in modern cities, food supplies will run out in less that a week if fresh supplies are not delivered.

We take things for granted. Just imagine if there's nothing to buy in the wet market. Nothing to buy in the supermarket. Restaurants have no food coz they can't buy raw materials...

there's gonna be chaos.

So even if u have the most high tech computer hardware and software, and fastest broadband internet, it's totally useless if u don't have anything to eat.

Food production and delivery is extremely fuel intensive. That's how important fuel is to the world economy.
    +1 on this.

I doubt it kung kakayanin pa ng economy natin kung aabot ng 100 plus ang gas at diesel. for sure nyan malaki itataas lahat ng commodities, transpo, kuryente etc.... maybe we can afford the gas price pero yun ibang kaakibat ng pagtaas eh..... ewan ko na lang....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Gas price: how much can you still afford?