New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    an insider told me that LANGAS could produce a lot cheaper fuel with the same quality only using bunker oil, some chemicals and WATER!!! since water is cheap, the company could produce gasoline fuel for just less than 15 pesos.... but with the competition on, the prices could just be less than those of the big 3. They say na iniipit sila ng Royal Dutch Shell at Chevron Co. dahil pinipilit na bilhin ata yung formula, but the owner wants the RP govt to purchase it from him. Kaya ayun, iniipit daw ng US government yung project. DOST and may alam nita...

dunno if its really true ha. Insider nagsabi sakin eh!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    gusto ko na maniwala medyo marumi sa big 3, tacky and sludgy plastic fuel filter every 3,000 km lang sa 2001 corolla LE ni bunsoy.galit din ang tiga casa TMBC marumi marrrruuuumiii!!!!!!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    ako naging habit ko na to comapre prices of Premium Gas sa mga nadadaanan ko Gas Stations from Marikina to Makati. Talagang mataas ang price per liter ng big 3 Gas Stations comapared to small players. Yung quality, di ko alam its really hard to determine who has the cleanest fuel unless ipa test mo talaga sa lab.

Kaya ako pag nadaan sa seaoil, nagpapa gas ako kasi mura. Also there's new gas station in Marikina yung Power Gas 21.60 lang yung premium gasoline nila per liter comapred to 21.75 sa Shell.

basta ako sa Petron XCS ako eh, wala naman masama pang nangyari, ilang years na ako petron kasi libre ako gas sa sun valley station. pero kung bayad ako ng gas, sa total gusto ko.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Naka Total ako ngayon pero may knocking pag sudden acceleration. Sa Blaze lang hindi nangyayari sakin yan baka dahil particular talaga ang sentra sa octane rating. Di nga ako pwede gumamit ng lower than 95 octane. But, I'm willing to sacrifice not using 96 octane for cleaner burns, emmissions, and systems.

So, aside from pulling out my plugs after a full tank of a certain gas (medyo unreliable method but I can't think of anything else) to check the buildup, we really can't say kung kanino ang malinis na gasolina?

By the way, pinaka matipid sa consumption nga pala ang aking 2001 B15 Sentra with a QG16 engine sa Blaze ng Petron.
    Last edited by carloi; January 9th, 2004 at 07:06 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my experience:

Mazda 323 1.6L

Unleaded form Sea Oil Station Meyc - engine chokes, rough idling
    Unleaded from Sea Oil EDSA (just after Q Ave) - ok

Shell Unleaded - engine chokes, rough idling
    Shell Velocity - high gas consumption

Caltex Silver - ok
    Caltex Gold - ok

Petron XCS - best bang for the buck
    Petron Blaze - zoom-zoom!

So most of the time I use Petron XCS for the Mazda. Fuel Filter is still relatively clean after 10K. Spark Plugs are not that fouled up after 10K.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i dont really much know which one is cleaner or not.. as long as my engine is happy with the gas i'm putting in.. then im using that gas... or in my case.. diesel...

so far.. my car is happy with:

1) Petron
    2) Shell
    3) Caltex
    4) Seaoil.. for some odd reason (compared to other posts) my car lugs with this diesel..
    5) Total

That is in order of happiness for my car.. hehehe

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Ok then. Thanks for your posts.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In my opinion any of the fuels from the Big 3 or the Small players are the same. They play with the same Octane ratings per fuel type and rated and checked by the Dept. of Energy. Medyo as they said inggat lang nga sa mga stations na prone sa flooding or dilapidated ones which sell adulterated (may halong kerosene) or smuggled fuels. Mayroon ding mga mdadaya sa mga pump calibration nila. All in all the price is what dictates mostly the successful winner though marketing is successful in some.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    add ko lang sa coment meron akong friend na may gas station may mga ibang station na dinadagdagan nila other mixture ex. water para dumami or what.then nandyan din yung factor ng transportation nila ng fuel.at kung gaano kalinis ang bunker.older tanks are made of steel daw kaya sometimes may advantage ang newer stations.dahil they need to clean the tanks every 5yrs ata nakalimutan kona sabi..isang way para maging malinis ang gas is mag dagdag ka ng fuel filters kung type nyo..halos lahat ng refinery naman have dsame process of refinning yung octane level lang ang pinagkakaiba nya..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Fuel Quality