1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    In an age where trigger happy bank robbers stage holdup in
    the streets ambushing cars and over-excited checkpoint
    police shooting at cars that don't stop and road rage events
    where the cars you overtake or cut try to shoot you. It may be a
    good idea to bullet proof a car. Has anyone tried this? For
    example you have a honda civic a/t running at 8km/liter
    and you have it bullet proof (including all glasses and frames).
    What would be the corresponding fuel consumption after
    the bullet proof work?

Also what place offers the best bullet proofing service
    with no huge increase in fuel cost to maintain the
    weight?

Thanks.

heavier vehicle, stock engine.. expect to drive your your vehicle hard just to get it to cruising speed.

umiwas gulo ka nalang and be alert.. wag ka mataranta...at mas cost eficient pa yun than bulletproofing you sub-compact car!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ako don't even think about bulletproofing a sedan, might as well just get a used Pajero or Prado or kung kaya mo Landcruiser yun ang ipabulletproof mo....

its useless to buletproff a pajero (gen 1 lalo na ung 2-2.5!) gagapang na yun sa bigat!

sedans/SUVs perfect for bulleproffing are those with 4.0 V6/V8/V10 up displacement

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    parang if you upgrade to bulletproofing... kailangan din pati engine kasi hirap makina sa bigat, thus having higher FC...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    its useless to buletproff a pajero (gen 1 lalo na ung 2-2.5!) gagapang na yun sa bigat!

sedans/SUVs perfect for bulleproffing are those with 4.0 V6/V8/V10 up displacement
    And a Civic ain't any of those Pero honest to God nakakita na ako ng bulletproof na Tamaraw FX. Kaso nga pagong talaga ang galaw atsaka yung bulletproof nya yung glass lang. I have also seen an 1989 Patrol bulletproof also ang bagal pero yun talaga all around ang bulletproof.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ wow windows lang bulletproof tapos pagong na gapang... damn!

kawawang engine.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yup. How pagong you ask? Hirap na maakyat yung speed beyond 60kph. Acceleration is so bad even worse than a jeep. To reach 15kph the 1st gear is revving up to 3000rpm already I use to have a client back when I was working in a big Binondo bank. I always deliver his stuff to his home, and his Tamaraw FX always picks me up from the bank I assume he chose a Tamaraw FX para low-profile para iwas sa mga magnanakaw Seriously he is so ****ing rich!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ damn! slower than the average scotter can run...

mukang rich nga kasi tamaraw na lang bullet proof pa windows. has lots of money to waste. hehehe

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hindi lang engine kailangan i-upgrade diyan. Bukod sa more powerful, preferrably more torquey engine (like a large diesel), upgrade din ng brakes at suspension yan.

Not only will the gas consumption increase, the cost of the bullet proofing AND the upgrades is very expensive -- likely another brand new compact.

It might be better to just ... shoot back.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Fuel consumption of bullet proofed civics, etc.