New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Guys i have 2.0L engine sedan..2015 Lancer ex gt-a CVT. I gas up with Petron Xtra Advanced (93 ron) last monday when we took the car from casa...last Tuesday when i drove from lipa city to our place (16km distance) (32km back and forth) i managed to increased FC from 7km/L to 8.5km/L..sometimes I use Cruise control

And today I drove 29.3kms and managed to increase it to 9.2km/L on my full stop...(both are highway driving) maybe more in expressway

Do you think that the FC can be still improved if i change my fuel into Shell fuel save (91 Ron) or ill stay with xtra advance?

My tire pressure is 48psi, what if i decrease it to 32 which is recommended , does it affect the FC right together with changing the fuel? How it will affect? Increasing FC or Decreasing FC?

Which tire should be higher? Front or rear tires?

Thanks..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Masyadong mataas tire pressure set to normal.
    Sa new engines wala pang permanente na FC yan. So enjoy driving while nasa break in period pa. Drive it like you stole it

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Masyadong mataas tire pressure set to normal.
    Sa new engines wala pang permanente na FC yan. So enjoy driving while nasa break in period pa. Drive it like you stole it
    So ibaba ko po sya sa 32 psi? Kasi un ung nasa manual at sa driver side door

Alin ung break in period

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by khenma0928 View Post
    Guys i have 2.0L engine sedan..2015 Lancer ex gt-a CVT. I gas up with Petron Xtra Advanced (93 ron) last monday when we took the car from casa...last Tuesday when i drove from lipa city to our place (16km distance) (32km back and forth) i managed to increased FC from 7km/L to 8.5km/L..sometimes I use Cruise control

And today I drove 29.3kms and managed to increase it to 9.2km/L on my full stop...(both are highway driving) maybe more in expressway

Do you think that the FC can be still improved if i change my fuel into Shell fuel save (91 Ron) or ill stay with xtra advance?

My tire pressure is 48psi, what if i decrease it to 32 which is recommended , does it affect the FC right together with changing the fuel? How it will affect? Increasing FC or Decreasing FC?

Thanks..
    technically, a higher octane fuel has better FC because it burns smoother, therefore you accelerate better...
    on the tire pressure, ang tagtag nyan ah..... and the pressure is too high..... you risk blowouts if the interior temperature gets too high...
    for a 2.0 car, may recommended fuel octane yan.... normally, its the 95 RON. you can go lower, but the engine may detonate and rattle.

on tire pressure, just follow the recommended. nasa sticker yan sa may pinto. kung ikaw lang ang sakay, you can go 1-2 psi below the recommended pressure... pag may sakay, sakto dapat.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Thanks..
    technically, a higher octane fuel has better FC because it burns smoother, therefore you accelerate better...
    on the tire pressure, ang tagtag nyan ah..... and the pressure is too high..... you risk blowouts if the interior temperature gets too high...
    for a 2.0 car, may recommended fuel octane yan.... normally, its the 95 RON. you can go lower, but the engine may detonate and rattle.

on tire pressure, just follow the recommended. nasa sticker yan sa may pinto. kung ikaw lang ang sakay, you can go 1-2 psi below the recommended pressure... pag may sakay, sakto dapat.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    So ibaba ko po sya sa 32 psi? Kasi un ung nasa manual at sa driver side door

Alin ung break in period
    Kung yun nakasulat sa manual yun ang sundin mo.
    Break in period is the 1st 1000 kms

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    The higher the octane number, subtract it t to the previous octane number, and the the difference is half the decrease in km/liter

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    The higher the octane number, subtract it t to the previous octane number, and the the difference is half the decrease in km/liter
    meron ka bang reference Iink nito? very interested & curious ako to read. ty.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Wag pauso OB. This is utter BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Wag pauso OB. This is utter BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bakit bro? i was half believing the master. i did a little subtraction kanina.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Fuel consumption affected by gasoline's Octane number?