New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    mga sir,

pahelp naman po sa research ko planning on getting a 2nd hand CUV but considering the actual FC both city and Hway consumption for the following vehicles,

Nissan X trail (2000 ~2006 model)

Ford Escape ( M/T or A/T ,maybe 2003`2006 model din)

Hyundai tucson Gas 1st Gen ( sayang sana yun bago kaso di na kaya ng powers e, ) if diesel kasi mahal pa

CRV M/T or A/T around 2003 to 2006 model din

pls add na lang po if me namiss ako sa current line ups, and if me idea kayo if ano mga tell tale signs na na Ondoy yun unit?
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/images/smilies/blush.gif
    if it says that its got a complete manuals/records of maintenance ng unit sa casa its more or less not flooded rite?

thanx po and God Bless po sa lahat ng katsikot

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's the 2.0 Escape... FC is terrible... if it's the 2nd gen CR-V AT, pretty terrible, too. The 2.3 Escape is better, but I don't know how much. The Escape V6 gives you Mustang-level fuel consumption but sadly, not Mustang-level speed. If you want a V6, get an Outlander... as the Outlander's engine is at least peppy.

Not sure about the Tucson gas... the diesel FC is pretty good. Not sure about the X-trail... supposedly better than the 2nd gen CR-V... but that's not hard to do...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    sir niky thanx po sa info

yeah i was considering the 2.0 escape , any figures po sir between the 2.0 and 2.3 escape?

i read a lot about the crv being a gas guzzler din kaya more or less hindi na kasama sa short list namin ,

yung manual na tucson gas 1st gen kasi medyo madalang din nagbebenta aand also the possibilty of being an ondoy victim is still a big factor kaya research / look out mode pa rin kami e.

anyway, keep the info coming po sa ibang katsikot na me macocontribute maraming salamat po

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Dunno exactly... haven't done personal economy testing on either. You might find answers on http://forum.fordclubph.com though.

One of the few secondhand Crossovers known for good economy is the 1.8 liter RAV4... that's because it's basically a tall Corolla 1.8 (the 2.0 only comes in 4x4). Not a bad vehicle... and it looks great, too.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    sir niky,

ano year model po ba yung RAV4 na nabanggit nyo?M/T?or A/T mas prefer ko pa rin kasi M/T e

ill try include this in our choices

thanx again

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    2000-2005, second generation. The only AT available is the 2.0. Not super-efficient, but not bad. Better than the 4x4 CR-V.

FC ng mga second hand na Crossover UV?