New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    EURO II or EURO III lang.
    If ever pala na matuloy yung Euro IV dito sa Pinas eh mas maganda pa performance ng mga current diesels even the old school ones albeit not as much as what CRDi engines would get I guess?!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung maglalabas ng EURO IV diesel ang Big-3, sana yung V-Power diesel at Turbo Diesel nalang.

Kailangan i-retain yung mga cheap dirty diesel para sa mga PUV.

Kasi malamang mag-poprotesta sila sa mahal ng EURO IV diesel.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Kung maglalabas ng EURO IV diesel ang Big-3, sana yung V-Power diesel at Turbo Diesel nalang.

- excellent point, hindi pa talaga mawawala in the foreseable time yang mga PUV eh. Kelangan pa rin talaga ng karamihan ng Pinoy yung euro II.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    If ever pala na matuloy yung Euro IV dito sa Pinas eh mas maganda pa performance ng mga current diesels even the old school ones albeit not as much as what CRDi engines would get I guess?!
    Yup I think you're right because the cetane ( = of octane for gasoline ) rating of Euro4 diesel is bit higher so it should burn smoother and faster. Also the lower sulfur means less soot.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bananatype View Post
    Yup I think you're right because the cetane ( = of octane for gasoline ) rating of Euro4 diesel is bit higher so it should burn smoother and faster. Also the lower sulfur means less soot.
    oo nga, less soot, less harm sa engine parts.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bananatype View Post
    B2 biodiesel blend is mandatory under Clean Air Act.

From what I know, higher blends of biodiesel (i.e. more than B5) are known to cause sludge in fuel filters, and if left sitting in the fuel tank undisturbed for a few days, can form a milky deposit (nagsesebo) that clogs fuel lines under low temperatures (less than 20 celsius).

Considering our ambient temp in the sunny Phils., and our low blend ratio (EU has up to 5%), most engines diesel engines should tolerate B2 just fine.

About acid, I've read that acid (a byproduct of combustion) builds up in the engine oil faster than if you were using ordinary diesel. But if you change your oil regularly, this shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Whatever the small players do, they just have to import and then sell it. No need to have facilities in the country to blend the fuels.

siguro its time to have this law reviewed....kaya lang naman kinailangan ng ethanol para luminis kahit konti yung euro 0.5 nating diesel....now with this euro 4 thing...I think the ethanol should be ditched out as it can even do worst than good..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008

They have to start phasing in Euro4 diesel soon because the goal of the entire region is to be completely Euro4 by 2016. By that time there shouldn't be any fuel lower than that across ASEAN, so phasing-out of good ole' krudo has to be simultaneous.

Goodbye, smelly smoky noisy rattle-trap Melford...pasok Malaguena CRDi Euro4!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    siguro its time to have this law reviewed....kaya lang naman kinailangan ng ethanol para luminis kahit konti yung euro 0.5 nating diesel....now with this euro 4 thing...I think the ethanol should be ditched out as it can even do worst than good..
    Ethanol can't be blended with diesel fuel, it's too volatile for compression ignition engines. But it's OK for blending with gasoline. Currently, methyl esters from palm, peanut, coconuts, etc are made into biodiesel.

Biodiesel is not all bad, just don't blend it more than B5 for commercial use. The guys who make the stuff at home shouldn't sell it to the public because it degrades oil viscosity quicker than usual. Buyer beware na lang.

Cheers

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *ghosthunter
    Sorry meant to say maybe the Euro 4 diesel doesn't have to be brought in with a 2% bio blend since it's cleaner already. Apparently it still has to be 2%.

2% blend may not sound like much but most of the mechanical engineers I know say they don't know how the engine will handle the bio blend in the long term. They say it might corrode the fuel lines or shrink seals.

I say let the PUV/bus operators still use Euro 2 if they insist. Just pull them up everyday for smoke belching. Kusang lilipat din mga yun. Australian diesel sulfur limit is at 10ppm daw but that still doesn't stop ill maintained engines from belching black smoke.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    *ghosthunter
    Sorry meant to say maybe the Euro 4 diesel doesn't have to be brought in with a 2% bio blend since it's cleaner already. Apparently it still has to be 2%.

2% blend may not sound like much but most of the mechanical engineers I know say they don't know how the engine will handle the bio blend in the long term. They say it might corrode the fuel lines or shrink seals.

I say let the PUV/bus operators still use Euro 2 if they insist. Just pull them up everyday for smoke belching. Kusang lilipat din mga yun. Australian diesel sulfur limit is at 10ppm daw but that still doesn't stop ill maintained engines from belching black smoke.
    *Wh1stl3r You might be referring to effects of ethanol on fuel systems. I wouldn't be worried about biodiesel though, Rudolf Diesel actually designed his original engine to run on vegetable oil, the base stock of most biodiesel.

JAMA, the Japanese auto makers' umbrella association actually said they're OK with B5 since it didn't present any technical problems with current engine technology.

Yup there's nothing like the prospect of heavy fines to compel cutthroat businessmen to spend a little more money for the sake of our lungs, theirs included

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Eastern Petroleum, Unioil offer Euro 4 diesel products in Phl