New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    If this is really true then... HALLELUJAH!!! I can't believe this day has finally come! Where are those 25 stations?! Our Trooper won't be so smoky now.

We'd finally be able to get the European CRDi variants of those small cars! And hopefully, soon enough, the GDI variants of the Accent, Elantra and Sonata!
    Talaga?

Kung big-3 yung maglalabas ng EURO IV diesel, tsaka mag-iisip ang HARI.

At alam mo yung unleaded fuels natin EURO IV na "ata". At ang Honda EURO IV compliant na ang engine since 2002. So matagal nang pwede ang GDi dito, ayaw lang ng HARI. Tapos lahat ng German car manufacturers dito naka GDi na.

Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    That is great news, this could encourage Philippine car manufacturers to bring out more diesel variants of different models, like the CR-V i-CDTi or the Yaris D4D from Europe...
    Di ba i-DTEC yung CR-V?

Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    First euro 4? How bout SEAOIL's euro 4? does it mean its all marketing? hehe
    Siguro?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hmm... Let's just hope that the Big 3 will be pressured enough to bring in Euro 4 fuels. With the small oil companies importing Euro 4 fuel, I'm sure they couldn't afford to be left behind. Hopefully we'd be seeing Euro 4 Shell V-Power Diesel and Petron Turbo Diesel soon!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hmm... Let's just hope that the Big 3 will be pressured enough to bring in Euro 4 fuels. With the small oil companies importing Euro 4 fuel, I'm sure they couldn't afford to be left behind. Hopefully we'd be seeing Euro 4 Shell V-Power Diesel and Petron Turbo Diesel soon!

One advantage of the big-3 is they have more stations. The smaller players have less stations and are positioned mostly as secondary locations (as compare to the prime locations of the big-3).

If the euro4 diesel sells a bit more expensive, the usual customers (jeepneys) of these smaller players might not buy the more expensive euro4 diesel even if it's cleaner.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hopefully there is someone from the Big 3 that is reading Tsikot at ma-implement na rin ito sa mga fuel stations nila.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    This is seriously good news.

Can you imagine the diesel-fed models that would suddenly be viable for our market? We could get a Mini with a diesel that has the performance of its gasoline counterpart!

Heck, we could get even the VW Polo with the little 1.4L turbo-commonrail that puts out less CO2 than even a Prius!

Oh but wait...we wouldn't be able to drive far from a Unioil or Eastern gas station...

Unless the Big-3 invest in a new refinery that can crack base stock into Euro4, this dream is gonna crash-and-burn. And why would they, when the biggest biggest consumers of diesel are Mang Ambo and his krudo-chugging 4BA1...OK alright maybe its 4DR5 by now.

So much for the good news.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Do the small players still have to blend biodiesel into their Euro 4 diesel? The biodiesel component in currently available diesel can form acids daw kasi.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Do the small players still have to blend biodiesel into their Euro 4 diesel? The biodiesel component in currently available diesel can form acids daw kasi.

Whatever the small players do, they just have to import and then sell it. No need to have facilities in the country to blend the fuels.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    B2 biodiesel blend is mandatory under Clean Air Act.

From what I know, higher blends of biodiesel (i.e. more than B5) are known to cause sludge in fuel filters, and if left sitting in the fuel tank undisturbed for a few days, can form a milky deposit (nagsesebo) that clogs fuel lines under low temperatures (less than 20 celsius).

Considering our ambient temp in the sunny Phils., and our low blend ratio (EU has up to 5%), most engines diesel engines should tolerate B2 just fine.

About acid, I've read that acid (a byproduct of combustion) builds up in the engine oil faster than if you were using ordinary diesel. But if you change your oil regularly, this shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Yung petron turbo diesel ba anong euro level na yan?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    EURO II or EURO III lang.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Eastern Petroleum, Unioil offer Euro 4 diesel products in Phl