New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Mga sir advisable po bang bumili ng 97 civic vti na may Sir or B16 engine?
    Di po ba magiging problematic sa maintenance and malaki po ba ang difference ng fuel consumption ng vti vs Sir engine?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you are looking for a dependable everyday car to drive to work and home, I would rather steer clear from heavily modified cars or cars with engine swaps.

If you are looking for some weekend fun and a second car to drive to work and home (while you keep your corolla), then getting this car would be fine assuming the previous owner did a good job with the engine swap and all the minor details that went with it. Best to have the car's papers checked with the LTO including the details about the current engine before buying the car.

Note: certain parts of the Civic VTi and Civic SiR are not interchangable even if they look the same.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The question is: at what price?

As far as I know, secondhand SiRs are already pushing down to 350k... I'd stump up the money for an unswapped car, if possible.

Double check how well the installation was done. Does the car pull to one side? Does the engine vibrate excessively or jump when you start it? (I've seen swaps where people couldn't adapt the engine mounts, so just left the front and rear mount off... idiotic!) If there are niggling problems and you're not an experienced Honda tuner/mechanic/fanatic, go for a much simpler project.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

vti hybrid