New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Hi guys next week im going to have a Focus TDCI my first diesel vehicle and im wondering which brand is best for fuel economy, engine wear and the likes?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think i've answered your question on a separate thread.
    imho, diesels are formulated equally. you just have to try them out by yourself and see what suits your vehicle's performance and fuel efficiency.

but i have talked to some guys who really attest that Petron's diesel is the best they've tried so far.

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i think i've answered your question on a separate thread.
    imho, diesels are formulated equally. you just have to try them out by yourself and see what suits your vehicle's performance and fuel efficiency.

but i have talked to some guys who really attest that Petron's diesel is the best they've tried so far.
    Hehe that's right i'll try ur advice i'll star with the other brands then compare it to petron, any advice to prevent black smoke that diesel engines produce?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
    Hehe that's right i'll try ur advice i'll star with the other brands then compare it to petron, any advice to prevent black smoke that diesel engines produce?
    replied to your query at the other thread bro.

Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    cleanest diesels daw is :
    1. TOTAL
    2.SHELL
    3.PETRON
    and the least is caltex .. (based on my expiriences)
    This is what I found in the Isuzu Alterra thread. But this only answers for the cleanliness, and not FC. And take note of the word "daw".

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    any tips on change oil? how frequent and do i really have to replace the filter with it? fuel filter and air filter?

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    is the motor oil used in gasoline engine same and can be use in diesel engine?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    for me Petron. More quiet, less vibration, less smoke, and slightly better FC for my ride. The worse is Shell. I don't know why. I've tried this on two diesel cars, same feedback.

Wildfire: congrats on your ride, but I suggest you search for the answers on your question before creating a new thread. Or better yet, search if there is an existing thread regarding Focus maintenance or general thread.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    nasubukan ko na ang Petron Shell, Caltex, Total, Unioil, Seaoil, Jetti

the best ang Unioil, ang ganda ng hatak, hindi rough ang tunog ng makina

2nd shell

3rd Petron

4th caltex, Seaoil, Jetti

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
    any tips on change oil? how frequent and do i really have to replace the filter with it? fuel filter and air filter?
    bro, based on the other thread, your car is new (a Focus Diesel). so i would suggest not to have this as a problem because your car will be under warranty and the casa will be handling your PMS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Which Diesel Brand is BEST?