New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sa news kanina, hanggang june pa daw ang weekly na pagtaas ng gas. parang PHP 6.00 pa ang hahabulin sa diesel.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ oo nga daw, ive heard it sa news din... tsk tsk tsk... prices are really starting to get real expensive for the average juan...

i myself is considering the fact na magcommute na lang starting next week. i cant believe it can rise this fast.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    ^^ oo nga daw, ive heard it sa news din... tsk tsk tsk... prices are really starting to get real expensive for the average juan...

i myself is considering the fact na magcommute na lang starting next week. i cant believe it can rise this fast.
    Akala ko mali ang rinig ko, tama pala

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Nako we might be coming near that sweet spot (where demand suffers and prices go down) I was talking about where people would start to commute. Even my office mate here is in the verge of doing that as well...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    According to my bubuwit.....aabot ng Php60/L by august....
    (with the going rate of Php1.00 / wk......mukhang tama nga.... end of march ko pa narinig kay bubuwit)..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i was just listening to the news this morning.
    ang under-recovery na hahabulin pa ng mga gas stations is Php 7.00. so that means, the cheapest unleaded gas will go up as high as Php 56.00/liter.

this is assuming that the cost of world crude will not go up, but it does.
    medyo realistic nga yung sabi ni redman na baka mag Php 60.00/l by august. tapos, during the winter season sa states and china ng mga november - january, tataas pa lalo ang price nya because of the demand.

are we seeing a Php 70.00/liter by next year?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Aray. Kinakabahan na ako dito.

Taas presyo ng gas, taas pamasahe, taas bilihin, suweldo?, ewan

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Aray. Kinakabahan na ako dito.

Taas presyo ng gas, taas pamasahe, taas bilihin, suweldo?, ewan
    ayan pa ang isang problema.

taas presyo ng fuel which will result in higher cost of basic consumables, higher cost in electricity, higher fare BUT:

its quite risky for the part of business owners and employers to increase salaries. why? because of the rising cost of commodities, consumer power will be decreased resulting in less sales from businesses. business owners will have to shoulder the cost of salary increase as well as other benefits (like SSS employer's contribution, 13th month) from their own pockets. the risk here is that UP TO WHEN CAN THESE EMPLOYERS SHOULDER THESE COSTS? This will eventually lead to loss of jobs and eventually closure of business, which, will also lead to loss of government collection and revenues from business taxes and inflation.

i don't know if this scenario is feasible wherein to counter these, government should immediately implement lower income tax bracket mechanism for the workers, even though government may experience a decrease in collection revenues. that way:

a) businesses can still operate, even though sales could be minimal. at least, they are still operating and will not cause to lose jobs;
    b) workers can enjoy higher take home pay to counter the increase of consumer goods.
    c) suspend or decrease VAT rate in some products and services (like lower VAT on fuel and electricity and some basic commodities like canned goods, etc. and increase VAT rate on sin products like cigarettes, wine, beer, softdrinks, internet connectivity, etc. that way, balanced yung collection ng VAT where yung basic needs are lowered and the luxuries are increased. para di rin maapektuhan yung VAT collection revenue.

these solutions can be temporary and can be re-aligned back to pre-crisis levels (the tax brackets as well as VAT rates).

imho, pero medyo OT.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Nako we might be coming near that sweet spot (where demand suffers and prices go down) I was talking about where people would start to commute. Even my office mate here is in the verge of doing that as well...
    oo nga sir, i think the "sweet spot" is nearing na talaga. i never, in my wildest dream thought of being a daily commuter after having my car pero with the constant rise of gas, im left with no choice.

kahit kaya ko pa to pay gas, gusto ko na din masanay ulit magcommute if the situation gets any worst.

hay, mas mura pa gas sa USA and to think the way of living there is more expensive than here in our country.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Just look at the movement of oil price

it hit $120, dropped to $112, and hit $120 again in just a few days!

It's obvious fundamentals are not responsible for the price movement.

Notice when US stocks move up, oil goes down.

And when stocks drop, oil goes up.

So in short, speculators are moving large sums of money in and out, to and from the stock and commodities market.

There's still a lot of volatility out there.

Speculative money has no long term parking space.

Palipat-lipat ng parking... kung saan pwede kumita, dun magpapark... pero hindi ipapark ng matagal.

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Constant Weekend Rise at the Gas Pump