New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    hi guys..

how do i computemy '96nissan sentra fuel consumption?

and how do you get that km/L?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    When you fill up at the gas station (full tank), reset your trip meter to '0'. Drive as you normally do. Then, next time you're going to fill up again, take note of the reading (kms)on your trip meter, and the volume of fuel (in liters) it takes to fill your tank again; makikita mo yan na naka-display sa pump. Divide the odometer reading by the fuel volume, and the answer is your average fuel consumption (km/liter).

Remember pag nagpapa-full tank ka, specify mo sa gas attendant na automatic lang yung pump, huwag mong ipapasagad.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    When you fill up at the gas station (full tank), reset your trip meter to '0'. Drive as you normally do. Then, next time you're going to fill up again, take note of the reading (kms)on your trip meter, and the volume of fuel (in liters) it takes to fill your tank again; makikita mo yan na naka-display sa pump. Divide the odometer reading by the fuel volume, and the answer is your average fuel consumption (km/liter).
    this is why i hate math..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    That's true. dapat automatic lang a pag full tank.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by viel_dk View Post
    hi guys..

how do i computemy '96nissan sentra fuel consumption?

and how do you get that km/L?
    1. Fill the vehicle with fuel.
    2. Write down the mileage/rest the trip odometer.
    3. drive the vehicle as you normally would
    4. Fill the vehicle again.
    5. take the # of miles you drove between fill ups and divide that by the number of gallons it took to do it.
    This only the formula that I know(distance traveled / # of gallons consumed). There are products out there which will do this such as scan gauge 2. In the long run the only reliable way to determine the fuel consumption per horsepower hour is by actual test stand measurements.

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Dagdag na tanong lang po na related sa topic. I vaguely remember this being mentioned in one of our forums, but i forgot na.

Kung ang size 13" na gulong ba ay pinalitan ng size 15", may effect ba un sa pag compute ng fuel consumption?

Kung magpapalit ba ng size ng gulong, meron pa ba iba part ng car na dapat i-adjust / modify or something?

Thanks in advance.

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari967csl View Post
    That's true. dapat automatic lang a pag full tank.

bakit po kailangan automatic lang?

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    para po accurate. and based on experience, mas maganda kung low pump ang gawin pag nagkakarga para hindi masyadong madami hangin pumasok sa tank mo, maganda rin kung sa morning ka magpakarga para medyo dense pa ang gas.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    para sa akin, mas accurate kung hindi automatic ... ginagawa ko "slowly fill to the rim"

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Here's a simple formula to compute fuel mileage, cost and kilometer.

To start, set the odometer to zero when you gas up regardless of the amount. You will start your reading on your next or last fill. You can do it weekly, Monthly or at your convenience.

a. Cost: peso/kilometer
    Cost/Km; Total amount divided by total km ran.
    By dividing the amount of gas you fill up over the mileage ran from the last gas fill or reading.

b. KM/Li: Average kilometer/li
    Total ran divided by total liters.
    Read your odometer, you will get the total mileage and divide it by the total number of liters you filled up.

Hope it helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
computing fuel consumption..