New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    it's coz local ethanol producers have connections with high level politicians. politicians with financial interest in ethanol producers
    But we import 99% of the ethanol used today to make E10 gasoline...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    yup, from Brazil

that's coz the local producer can't make enough

check out San Carlos Bioenergy

they supply Petron
    Last edited by uls; March 1st, 2012 at 03:35 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    how local ethanol producers lobby the govt

Business - Ethanol suppliers seek protection - INQUIRER.net

Ethanol suppliers seek protection
    By Amy R. Remo
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 20:56:00 08/29/2010

Filed Under: Energy, Environmental Politics
    MANILA, Philippines
    Local ethanol producers have asked the government to ensure that all oil companies are strictly complying with the mandated blending and absorb-domestic-supply-first policy before they are allowed to import additional ethanol supply.

The Ethanol Producers Association of the Philippines (Epap) stressed that the Department of Energy must send a clear signal that it could protect local ethanol suppliers who have already invested billions of pesos in their respective plants against cheaper imports from Brazil.

Epap executive director Tetchi Capellan said the group actually welcomed the government's decision to allow oil companies to continue importing ethanol even beyond February 2011. But in doing so, she said, the DOE must ensure that the import guidelines would strictly reinforce the spirit of the law and penalize violators of the Biofuels Law.

Unless a certificate is issued by DOE attesting to the full adherence by the importer of the blending requirement and compliance to the absorb-domestic-supply-first policy as prescribed by law, no imports should cross the borders, Capellan explained.

Capellan said the government must convey its decision on the future of the alternative energy program. About P15 billion had been invested in refineries such as San Carlos Bio-energy, Roxol Bio-energy, and Green Futures, she added.

Seven other plants are currently finalizing their financing deals to build the next refineries. All these investors have to be advised soon. They need to be told if the government wanted them to be part of its energy security agenda, or they should pack and abandon the program, she said.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    GH:
    Just shows how much out-of-the-box you have gotten and have gotten lost without a reference point. BTW, thinking out of the box is great but make sure you know all of the angles of the subject you are talking about or you might just end up having your face stuffed into the same box (figuratively).
    it's as if he's the only one who knows how to think outside-the-box

btw, his definition of outside-the-box thinking is believing every conspiracy floating out their on the net

we, or i, have also read those conspiracy theories... like the US govt was responsible for 9/11, aliens rule the human race behind the scenes, illuminati-bilderberg-CFR-trilateral commission-new world order etc etc etc ETC

but i dont carry around those ideas in my head 24/7 and go around telling people "hey you blind fools open your minds you have no idea! you really have no idea!"

believing in conspiracy theories isnt out-of-the-box thinking

believing in conspiracy theories doesnt make you smart

those conspiracy theories are old and regular and boring
    Last edited by uls; March 1st, 2012 at 04:42 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how local ethanol producers lobby the govt

Business - Ethanol suppliers seek protection - INQUIRER.net
    Sad to see how a gruop that only can supply 1% of the total demand have better support than a supplier who is supplying 99% and could actually 100% cheaper.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GH:

it's as if he's the only one who knows how to think outside-the-box

btw, his definition of outside-the-box thinking is believing every conspiracy floating out their on the net

we, or i, have also read those conspiracy theories... like the US govt was responsible for 9/11, aliens rule the human race behind the scenes, illuminati-bilderberg-CFR-trilateral commission-new world order etc etc etc ETC

but i dont carry around those ideas in my head 24/7 and go around telling people "hey you blind fools open your minds you have no idea! you really have no idea!"

believing in conspiracy theories isnt out-of-the-box thinking

believing in conspiracy theories doesnt make you smart

those conspiracy theories are old and regular and boring
    I guess someone got an overdose watching too much of the original "CSI Las Vegas" to literally take the phrase "think-outside-the-box" as if he invented it.

I myself prefer to refer to another tv show... "House" ... everybody lies.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 1st, 2012 at 05:47 PM.

*enhriko,

If you want to try for some conspiracy theory, why not try to go for why ethanol blended gasoline was required in the philippine clean air act. Was it done to increase the earnings of the oil companies and increase tax collections by making cars use more fuel (E10 gas makes cars burn more fuel for the same distance as compared to regular unleaded gas).
    Actually 10% ethanol blend leads to decrease the fuel-efficiency only about 3% while pure ethanol leads to 30% less fuel-efficiency. So after all it's still an effective way to reduce the consumption of fossil fuels (altough I'm more favorable to biodiesel).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    Actually 10% ethanol blend leads to decrease the fuel-efficiency only about 3% while pure ethanol leads to 30% less fuel-efficiency. So after all it's still an effective way to reduce the consumption of fossil fuels (altough I'm more favorable to biodiesel).
    2 to 3% is the claim assurance in drop in fuel mileage but independent observations from many people have higher percentages of fuel mileage drops, usually in the range of 5% to 10% and even higher.

Example: Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage?
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 2nd, 2012 at 10:16 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess someone got an overdose watching too much of the original "CSI Las Vegas" to literally take the phrase "think-outside-the-box" as if he invented it.

I myself prefer to refer to another tv show... "House" ... everybody lies.
    I'm a boring, creature of habit, in-the-box person... mabuhay ang oil cartel!!! Hehehe.

Wonder what the next thread is: "Tires and the conspiracy behind it". Cars can actually fly but due to vested interests of oil companies (traffic), tire manufacturers and road contractors, its not seeing the light of day.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    That makes local producers very very happy and rich! Taas ng demand eh.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
CATALYTIC CONVERTERS, Is there a conspiracy behind it?