New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Hi. I got a new civic 1.8e. Any recommendation?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Have been using 91ron of shell and petron.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    lately there have been reported cases of Honda BR-V units bought in the last 6 months that are having problem with their Fuel Pump. All of them use Shell.

mukhang nagpalit nang supplier ang Honda nang Fuel Pump nila.. if they are using the same Fuel Pump sa Civic.. I suggest wag ka muna magpa gas sa Shell..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Short answer: ANY FUEL IS OK.

I worked in the petroleum industry for a while and time and time again I'd see posts like this which means people actually think there's a difference between fuels. It's mostly just marketing, to be honest.

The reality is that base fuels are pretty much the same regardless of brand. Additives are different, but additives comprise less than 1% of the total fuel mix so net there's not much of a difference in day to day use.

If there's any difference, it lies more in how the dealers manage their stations. Most critical is to ensure no water intrusion in the tanks as this is what damages fuel pumps (not the fuel itself).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by chris45 View Post
    On mine I use Unioil 97 Euro 5 and may P5 petot S&R discount hehe.

6. Join Date
    May 2019
    Any Top tier brand. In my case, Costco gas is the cheapest top tier gas brand.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by chris45 View Post
    Read em n weep...

Putting Premium Gas in an Engine That Requires Regular? Stop It Now - The New York Times

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Honda's NA engines are rated for 91RON, even the Civic RS with a turbo engine is good with 91RON.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Thanks. Ill go with unleaded rated 91. Try ko ung sa unioil na my discount. Ok lang ba mag mix? My half tank pa ako ng shell premium.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Parang napansin ko din mga 3x nangyari pag apak ko gas ng madiin di agad kumagat ang pg accelerate compare sa ibang instances. Pde kaya dahil sa shell premium?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast