New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Nice! Didn't know making right turns only save gas rather than idling. Hehe

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Idling uses up 1 liter per hour. 1.5-2 liters with AC on or if you've got a big engine. That's enough to go 10-20 kilometers on a clear road.

Add up the gas wasted stopping and starting, and you can use enough gas sitting in traffic for one hour to go about 20-40 kilometers. Adding a kilometer or two of extra route is well worth the savings.

Unfortunately, this is the same idea that gaves us U-turns all over the metro... which may save gas for those few who don't have to wait at intersections, but waste everyone else's gas as traffic snarls up where a few motorists dive across six lanes of traffic just to make a left turn...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    very nice post. thanks!

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Awesome post. Thanks you sir

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thanks for this Sir GH! :D

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Very informative.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    very nice article- thanks for sharing... (glad to be back)

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Very nice article. However, I didn't quite get the point of Right turn only instead of idling at traffic? does this mean i should find other way just to make my car moving instead of falling in line of traffic congestion? :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by frake View Post
    Very nice article. However, I didn't quite get the point of Right turn only instead of idling at traffic? does this mean i should find other way just to make my car moving instead of falling in line of traffic congestion? :D
    This is the tactic used by UPS in reducing fuel consumption by reducing the amount of time the vehicle is not moving and the engine is just idling.

Mythbusters VIDEO : MythBusters: Right Turn Only MiniMyth : Video : Discovery Channel

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    This is the tactic used by UPS in reducing fuel consumption by reducing the amount of time the vehicle is not moving and the engine is just idling.

Mythbusters VIDEO : MythBusters: Right Turn Only MiniMyth : Video : Discovery Channel
    Thank you Mod ghosthunter

Last question po, when the article say "right turn only" literally po ba yun? or turning left is also the same?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
ARTICLE: 6 Driving Tactics to Save Gas This Summer