New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYarc
    ser ghosthunter ang purpose po ba ng electoz mo ehh to seperate h2o atom, kasi sabawat terminal +/- ay may kasamang hose submerge para maseparate yung oxegen sa hydrogen..kung multiple plate ang design siguro multiple port din ang kailangan afaik..>>hehe
    The purpose is simple: to extend the fuel milage I get from my car. Example, current with pure gasoline fueling my engine, I get 6km/L. I hope by adding hydrogen/oxygen from the electrolizer to the air intake charge to the engine, I could extend my fuel milage to 10km/L or more.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    ahh, afaik hindi siguro since masyadong maliit yung quantity na generated by ur local electrz, unless stored yung gases w/decent volumemass

afaik if volumemass(hydrogen supply) is decent only hydrogen is required to help economized fuel consuption if o2 is mix w/Hydro ur system w/ petrol will get lean due to bypassing airmass sensor if hydro alone o2 sensor will conpensete and then will cut some fuel imho..hehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw... wouldn't H2 just pass through the engine unchanged?

if so... wouldn't it be better if you introduce PURE O2 to the engine (in small quantities)?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    btw... wouldn't H2 just pass through the engine unchanged?

if so... wouldn't it be better if you introduce PURE O2 to the engine (in small quantities)?
    actually the "cell" will generate both hydrogen and oxygen gas and that will be fed into the intake. So the result is you have "extra" fuel to offset some gasoline.

Introducing pure O2 is similar to having a NOS system but with pure oxygen you will encounter detonaton problems.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYarc
    ahh, afaik hindi siguro since masyadong maliit yung quantity na generated by ur local electrz, unless stored yung gases w/decent volumemass
    have you read my previous posts?

I want to economize my engine's gasoline consumption NOT replace gasoline with hydrogen/oxygen gas from the "cell". Hence, in theory, I do not need any stored hydrogen gas.

afaik if volumemass(hydrogen supply) is decent only hydrogen is required to help economized fuel consuption if o2 is mix w/Hydro ur system w/ petrol will get lean due to bypassing airmass sensor if hydro alone o2 sensor will conpensete and then will cut some fuel imho..hehe

I believe by adding H2/O2 (generated from the cell) will result in a more balanced burn than just adding H2 into the intake since the amount of H2 is proportion to O2. Also the volume of H2/O2 gas to be added in the intake will be relatively small so that it will not displace atmospheric air.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    actually the "cell" will generate both hydrogen and oxygen gas and that will be fed into the intake. So the result is you have "extra" fuel to offset some gasoline.
    sorry... I was thinking of N2.

are our existing fuel combustion engines adaptable to the use of H2?

AFAIK, only Mazda was able to come up with a prototype H2 & gasoline engine for the RX-8. even BMW dabbled only with pure H2 engines.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    sorry... I was thinking of N2.

are our existing fuel combustion engines adaptable to the use of H2?

AFAIK, only Mazda was able to come up with a prototype H2 & gasoline engine for the RX-8. even BMW dabbled only with pure H2 engines.
    given what I have read, it seems normal gasoline engines can run on "pure" H2/O2 if the sparkplug is changed to a cold plug and the a/f ratio is on the lean side to slow down the flame front speed. Aside from that, running gasoline w/ h2/o2 is possible too.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The Archie H. Blue patent is for a series wired electrolytic reactor. There are 8 circular plates or disks, mounted on a central hollow tube. Four of the disks are positive and four are negative. The central hollow tube has a hole in the center thru which air is pumped into the bottom of the jar. The pumped air knocks off the Hydrogen and Oxygen bubbles which cling to the disks.

What is important about the Blue design is that it a very safe way to make hydrogen/oxygen gas and supply it to a car engine. By pumping AIR into the mixture the gas is made much less explosive. I attached a double aquarium valve to a jar, with two aquarium stones in the bottom. I hooked this up to a vacuum line on the intake manifold of a fuel injected Ford F150 truck. That really works.

For electrodes I used 5" 1/4 x 20 stainless steel bolts and 3 2" washers fastened to on the bolts with nuts about 3/8" apart. I did not bother with the series wiring. One bolt is positive the other negative. Very simple and effective.

I also hooked up this arrangement to a 5HP Homelite Generator with a
    Briggs & Stranton engine. I pumped the gas into the engine using a small $6.00 aquarium pumb. This also worked well. I was trying to establish that the Archie Blue device is safe and I think that it is.

If you type Archie H. Blue U.S. Patent Hydrogen Electrolysis into Google you will get three different sites with the whole patent including 3 nice color pictures of the design.

This one is a winner because:

1. It is very safe.
    2. You can make your own version for $10.00 to $15.00.
    3. It is easy to get the gas into an engine either by using a vacuum port
    at the base of the carb or at the intake manifold. Or you could use a
    pump.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The plates are wired alternately positive to negative (series wired). They are circular disks mounted on a central post with the + and - wiring comming down the sides. I made one with 3/8 stainless steen bolts 5" long. I mounted 2" flat washers with bolts on either side.

I just hooked up a battery charger on the 2 amp setting (10 to 12 amp's works too)to the bolts (wired in parallel). You get lots of gas if you add some baking soda to the water. Salt works too but it clouds the water up.

"It will be appreciated that the greater the concentration of electrolyte used in the cell, the lower the voltage which is needed to generate the current reqired for the electrolysis of water."

U.S. Patent No. 5,302,268

Archie Blue used a pumb to circulate the water (electrolyte) and knock the bubbles off the + and _ terminals. I hooked up an aquarium pump with plastic tubing and an air stone to do this. This dilutes the gas with air making it much safer to work with. Probably you intend to burn it anyway so mixing it with air in the container works out.

cya,

Grailer

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Wow... hindi ko na maintindihan but I hope you guys succeed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
ARCHIE H. BLUE Water Powered "Reactor" (for car use?)