New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hey.. i saw this article sa reader's digest (july 2003 issue) about cooking oil being used as fuel sa cars.. i was just wondering how it works.. and bkt (accdg to the article) the car peformed better daw..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm..that i gotta try......but i doubt.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede ata gawing biodiesel yung cooking oil hehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka specially designed yung internals ng makina, or modified sya for using cooking oil?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no mods needed, bbc uk also covered it. just some additive to cooking oil and a curing period for the chemicals to set it and it performs just like diesel. not really surprising, they're basically downgrading cooking oil to diesel level.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, you also have to adjust something in the fuel pump

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Diesel engine's used to be called Multi-Fuel engines, if anyone is old enough to remember the old REO's of the WWII era.

Diesel engine's can use any sort of fuel that can combust but there are lubrication issues to the injection pump.

Disclaimer:
    I only remember the REO's because we used to sell truck parts(U.S. pa ang uso nun, not Japanese) when I was in kindergarten, not because naabutan ko ang WWII. ;)
    Last edited by Auto_Xer; July 6th, 2003 at 07:37 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung sakasakali, ang bango ng exhaust nyan.

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Yup, used cooking oil (ang dami nyan sa mga restaurants) can be treated with an additive and after letting it stand for a few days will be useable as fuel in a stock diesel engine.

Costs will be much cheaper than diesel since mura lang yung used cooking oil. Also, yung exhaust mo will smell like french fries.

:-)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup. cooking oil can be used as fuel to diesel engines. Downside, if you are hungry, you might find yourself thinking of french fries more often than before. hehehe

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Alternative Fuel Source: Waste Vegetable Oil (WVO) aka Used Cooking Oil [MERGED]