New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    78
    #1
    Owners of the current Lancer,

    Need quick info on the fuel efficiency of its 1.6 4G18 engine (I think this goes for the 2003 up to the 2007 Lancer) city/highway driving.

    And if you can add up any good or bad experiences with your car.

    Thanks!

  2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,189
    #2
    expect to have poor fuel mileage when acquiring a non-mivec mitsu engine especially automatic tranny, my estimate is around 7-8km/l on city 9-10km/l on highway
    they say you can improve your mileage by improving your airflow like installing aftermarket airfilter it should be the right specs for your car with MAF/MAS adaptor
    HTH

  3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    94
    #3
    AFAIK this is really fuel efficient considering its an SOHC engine rather than a DOHC engine ... mas mababa ng konsumo ng SOHC kaysa DOHC ...
    its not 9 to 10 Km/L in highway it morethan that due .. i own a 2004 lancer with 4G18 engine ... mga 12 to 13 km/L sya sa highway

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    78
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by aizen View Post
    i own a 2004 lancer with 4G18 engine ... mga 12 to 13 km/L sya sa highway
    Thanks man! What about your city figures?

  5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    94
    #5
    city driving 8 to 9 .. umaabot papala ng 14 k /L kapag wala talaga traffic like north expressway

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    78
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by aizen View Post
    city driving 8 to 9 .. umaabot papala ng 14 k /L kapag wala talaga traffic like north expressway
    Not bad at all for a 1.6L... Probably with driving skill that of Pocholo Ramirez' you could improve further.

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    713
    #7
    i own 2003 lancer MX. poor fuel efficiency. they say CVT increased mileage due to its gearless transmission. but wahhhhh, it gargles like there's no tomorrow.. around 8 km/li only.

  8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,189
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by aizen View Post
    AFAIK this is really fuel efficient considering its an SOHC engine rather than a DOHC engine ... mas mababa ng konsumo ng SOHC kaysa DOHC ...
    its not 9 to 10 Km/L in highway it morethan that due .. i own a 2004 lancer with 4G18 engine ... mga 12 to 13 km/L sya sa highway
    good figures but you know what? mivec DOHC is more efficient than ordinary 4g92 SOHC, so not all SOHC consume less than DOHC it depends on what kind of technology they put in

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    78
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by washburn View Post
    good figures but you know what? mivec DOHC is more efficient than ordinary 4g92 SOHC, so not all SOHC consume less than DOHC it depends on what kind of technology they put in
    MIVEC technology ain't available with any of the current Lancer's lineup aside the Evo, but that's a totally different car...

    It will be available on the 2008 Lancer but there's still this guessing game that Mitsubishi is putting up on releasing it this year. There's even a possibility of it being released here 2009 na...
    Last edited by Kurusaki; November 24th, 2007 at 03:18 PM. Reason: addendum

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    31
    #10
    My Lancer GLS CVT's odometer is just a little over 5K and i'm hitting 9-10km per liter city driving with aircon on all the time (thats keeping my revs at 2-2.2K rpms) ...at worst where it's really super traffic, it's about 8km a liter...i've only driven once in the expressway (going to tagaytay and back) and i managed 13.5kms a liter and i'm sure the FC will still improve as i approach 10K...i know someone owning a 2006 MX, who made as much as 17km a liter during his long distance drives...yes there are those who make less in terms of mileage (even with other engine-makes which are supposed to be super fuel-efficient) but these guys usually drive aggressively and with a heavy foot..it actually always boils down to the driving styles as well as how one's ride is faithfully maintained or abused ...me i'm happy with my ride but i sure would love to have the mivec!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
4G18 Fuel Efficiency?